dive right after the rain... or should we wait?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

desert camel

Reaction score
So we finally see the sun again, and no kidding, it is winter season ( :frosty: Squaw Valley and Mammoth both open today :eek:fftopic: )
But ain't tuck my suit in the closet yet. So here is the question: listened to the radio today and it says not to swim in the ocean for 72 hours after the rain. The reason is pouring sewage water brings bacterials to the ocean. Does anybody here concern about it? If so, today is Thr... Fri... Sat, and bang, Sunday is good, :06:
Anybody out diving this weekend around malibu?

No problem, just go 50 miles off-shore..........enjoy the dive, watch your depth.

I'd wait a few extra days after the first heavy rain of the season. There is all kinds of nasty little bacterias and virus' in the runoff. The water will still be there later in the week. Better to wait a few extra days, then get sick and miss out on several days of diving.

i've been working in the water all week. not sick yet
6'' to a foot of vis so i'm not diving for fun for a few more days

I did 2 dives off Vets Park last night w/Ice. We stayed south bound towards Topaz for most of the time. The longer the rain lasts, the longer I stay way from the storm drain areas. I'm not too concerned with the conditions right now. Don't fool yourself into thinking its really clean when it not raining either.

Back
Top Bottom