Dive reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dive 2049 7-24-15 Fort Wetherill Jamestown: an interesting night dive with marginal vis 5-6’, my buddy on this dive was Rich who drove from CT for a day and night of fine RI diving with his 2 fun loving daughters. We got in the water about 8:00pm and surface swam about a 50yds before submerging. Surface temp was 69F, bottom temp was a surprising 62F at a max depth of 27fsw. Spotted many small togs, one that looked like an albino! Lots of small fish, small <1” long squid, a trigger fish, small bugs were everywhere. Only saw one that may have been a keeper but who can eat just one?!
Post dive while we were standing around in shallow water one of Rich’s daughters spotted small pipe fish at the surface. They were wherever the light was shined. A beautiful summer night in RI!

Dive 2050 7-25-15 Green Bridge Newport: I met my buddies on this dive Charlie and Chris at Green Bridge an hour and half before high tide. A sunny warm day with north east winds that shifted southeast sooner than forecasted, creating more surge than was expected. We geared up and was in the water a little too soon at around 2:00pm the tide was still coming in pretty strong which made the long surface swim feel longer. The vis was good with about 20’ in the cove and around 15’ outside the cove, with lot of shredded seaweed suspended off the bottom as often happens along this shoreline. The bottom left side bungee on my wing broke during the surface swim. Instead of going back and fixing it I choose to continue the dive. STUPID! It would have made a much better dive for me and probably would have put us right at the best time to dive if I had went back and fixed the darn thing! Instead I spent the whole dive negative using my right arm to counter the wing trying to roll me over to the right. I felt bad because I was probably making the bottom worse for my 2 buddies. Max depth was 27 FSW surface temp 70F bottom temp 68F 53mins bottom time 1.5 hours in water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom