Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

04/13/10
Water temp on bottom = 62'
Vis 8-10 feet
winds out of NE then turning to East by 12
18-26 depth

it was a nice day out there water still a little chilled but warming for sure
I got skunked but my buddy found some nice ones ,one was a perfect 4 1/2 Meg:cool2:

Checked S. Brohard Friday 9 April - one look from the beach and called it.
Dove S. Brohard Saturday around 1030-1100 (yeah I was desperate to get wet)
Temp was 67 deg surface and 64 at 18'
Vis was 0-6" on Saturday 4/10, with a distinct layer of cloudy suspension about 1-2 feet off the bottom.
Vis got worse as I got further out until it was 0-3" at 18 fsw with very little light. I called it when I started running into things.

I see East winds all week, but wind speed in the range of 5-17 kts has me wondering. Can anybody report on current conditions? I'd love to come down from Orlando, but don't want to repeat last week.

Thanks in advance
Steve

I've herd recently that 60-70 fsw had 30' -35' tue and wed.... but that's off shore sooooo.....idk I was at dog beach around 8 ish this morning w/ my dog and it was fairly flat ..... and i could see the shells of the beach on the little drop off the beach so it's gotta be at least 2-3 foot of viz....:D

4/17. Alhambra
surface temp 70 air 75
viz.. .50-5' silty
Light chop breezy. Clouds coming in.
Lots of incher teeth. Couple of frags
lots of fish and tourists

4-17-10, 1 mile SW of Alhambra
Viz 8-12 feet
Water temp was in 70's up top with a distinct thermocline at approx. 22 feet; 63 degrees F at 27 feet (bottom).
seas 2-4 in morning and became glassy towards afternoon, clouds with light drizzle at times.
Lots of whale bone and dugong rib fragments (snarge) and a few broken beat up meg fragments.

18 April 10
Service Club Park

Air Temp: 76
Water Temp-surface: 70
Water Temp - bttm: 68
Viz @20 fsw 10-15 ft
Tide: Incoming
Surf: 0

Found about 100 teeth today including a nice 2" mako
Great day to be diving/tooth hunting, but a little sunshine would have been nice.

Ditto to the Service Club report from Sh@rkW@tcher, including the 2" mako.
Lots of little teeth a beat 2' meg and a 6" dia whale vert.

20 April 2010
Boneyard

Air Temp: 79
Water Temp-surface: 74
Water Temp - bottom: 63
Viz @26 fsw 10-15 ft but could see shadow outline of boat from bottom so getting better
Tide: Incoming
Surf: 0
winds most of the day out of East 5 knts then turning out of west by end of the day 8-10 knots

found Large whale ear,whale tooth, Chocolate meg,few other megs, and alot of sharksteeth

Sat 4/24/2010

Service Club
Strong south wind and current, really picked up in the afternoon.
Temp. about 72
2 ft seas
Viz wasn't too bad outside the coquina reef, maybe 4 - 10ft
Inside the reef was 1 - 3ft, lot's of silt.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom