Dive Report... Sat 4-3...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
While most shore divers were reporting rescue attempts on other divers with poor conditions, our boat left the harbor just after 10am, in hopes of finding paradise. :wink:

The waters were still as we left the break water and we had a date with Carmel... :popcorn:

However, as we got to the edge of leaving the bay, the captain and Raj called the dive. With huge rockers already hitting our vessel, it was smart to stay in the bay.

Dive one we dove right next to the Aquarium, 51 feet 50 degrees, 40 minutes. I led the way with two other divers on my side.

We went down the anchor to 1 foot of viz only getting about 5 feet at the bottom at best. I used natural navigation to my side off of the anchor line and tried to find critters.

If not for the beam of my light, I would have lost my crew. I kept checking them, over and over getting the okay signal from them.

I don't know how I found the anchor line, but I did and no one was separated in awful viz, I was happy to return them safe to the boat.

Dive 2 we anchored off the Metridiums, viz was 1 foot at the bottom and very silty, we never left the line, and I signaled to the team to return up the line.

I took some top side pics of my crew, you can still have fun in water even if the viz is one foot. :)

n16oso.jpg

f07u6f.jpg

rwuyrt.jpg

15dmltx.jpg

4q05f9.jpg

I am so glad I stayed in Sonoma County for the weekend! No wait I went to Marin for Easter dinner with the family.

I am so glad I stayed in Sonoma County for the weekend! No wait I went to Marin for Easter dinner with the family.

Peter,

Dude, when are you going to invite me out on your boat? My doubles has been dry since my mini class with Don and Mike M, time to get them wet, and what better captain could I choose, but you....

Ready when you are captain.... :D

I have not been diving in ages. We are headed to Albion for our club dive in a couple of weeks. Even there I am not going to dive much, (One dive per day) since I am going to take time to do the tourist thing. Plus we are not going to have a lot of boats and I am going to give up my captains tube to someone else, so more people can get a chance to boat dive.

I have not been diving in ages. We are headed to Albion for our club dive in a couple of weeks. Even there I am not going to dive much, (One dive per day) since I am going to take time to do the tourist thing. Plus we are not going to have a lot of boats and I am going to give up my captains tube to someone else, so more people can get a chance to boat dive.

Peter,

No worries, I'm diving my doubles this Saturday at the Break Water. Two DM's from where I work at, are taking me out, and it will be my first dives since my mini class with Don.

It's hard getting a date with others since having doubles, dude it feels like dating, you ask around but no one offers to take you out. :wink:

I would really feel comfortable with you if and when you invite me to dive on your boat or a simple shore dive on doubles.

I have heard really good things about how experienced you are and how safe of a diver you are to your buddies, consider me a mini partner for a simple dive on doubles.

I'm looking forward to diving with you Peter... :cool2:

MG

It's hard getting a date with others since having doubles, dude it feels like dating, you ask around but no one offers to take you out. :wink:
Hey I am always willing to offer FREE dating advice too :D

My first piece of advice is don't mention doubles, let alone scuba diving at first. Second it is great to "ask around" but look for quality, although quantity tends to produce more dates. Thirdly when you say "no one offers to take you out", I would strongly recommend offering to take "them out" :eyebrow: Here is a good start :coffee: Then ask if they go down :shocked2: We already know you do and you enjoy it, as do I and many others.

Oh yeah and the safety part of the discussion. When ever you go down always use a condom so you do not stop your two buddies from enjoying it for a good long time. It really sucks to be the one ruining your buddies fun because you just can't hold it any longer and need to release, while on top :shakehead: No diaper fetishes allowed :no:

Alright I have created enough trouble and skirted the boundaries of the TOS.

In reality I rarely dive Monterey as it is far away. I can be at my favorite local Sonoma County dive site in an 1:15. When I do come to Monterey it is only in good conditions, and I generally spend the weekend. I keep saying I want to spend more time down there though. For a while I think my diving is going to be cut back doing other things. Someday I will make it down there again...maybe the next M&G?

Hey I am always willing to offer FREE dating advice too :D

My first piece of advice is don't mention doubles, let alone scuba diving at first. Second it is great to "ask around" but look for quality, although quantity tends to produce more dates. Thirdly when you say "no one offers to take you out", I would strongly recommend offering to take "them out" :eyebrow: Here is a good start :coffee: Then ask if they go down :shocked2: We already know you do and you enjoy it, as do I and many others.

Oh yeah and the safety part of the discussion. When ever you go down always use a condom so you do not stop your two buddies from enjoying it for a good long time. It really sucks to be the one ruining your buddies fun because you just can't hold it any longer and need to release, while on top :shakehead: No diaper fetishes allowed :no:

Alright I have created enough trouble and skirted the boundaries of the TOS.

In reality I rarely dive Monterey as it is far away. I can be at my favorite local Sonoma County dive site in an 1:15. When I do come to Monterey it is only in good conditions, and I generally spend the weekend. I keep saying I want to spend more time down there though. For a while I think my diving is going to be cut back doing other things. Someday I will make it down there again...maybe the next M&G?

Dude,

You are absolutely, hilarious... I can hardly wait for Mike Mills to read this post and blast a comment, he is also crazy like you... :D

I just think you gave this thread longevity when divers start reading how to date a diver, class 101, instructor Peter the Sonoma county diver... :popcorn:

Dude,

You are absolutely, hilarious... I can hardly wait for Mike Mills to read this post and blast a comment, he is also crazy like you... :D
Did you really say "Dude", like OMG that is sooo nineteen eighties. Listen Brah, no one is crazy like me, GOT IT!! :comeandgetsome: After all I am one of these :cowboy:

I just think you gave this thread longevity when divers start reading how to date a diver, class 101, instructor Peter the Sonoma county diver... :popcorn:
You do not date divers as they are ALL taken. So the beginning of the dating process is more about finding a partner that is interested in warm tropical vacations. Then get them certified and work hard at convincing them that cold water diving is fun. Neil should have some good input there, as he has proven to be highly successful.

Now if you need to know where to meet this future buddy, just look around at the grocery store, and remember look for quality produce while doing so and ask often. At least smile and chat about anything possible, then ask about their availability.

I am not a Sonoma County diver by name...I am a "North Coast Diver". Sounds much more hardcore :eyebrow:

My ears were burning...

Yeah, and i didnt even have to start off at the warm water interest part. First date was a whale watching trip (i pulled out all the stops and got 3 or 4 to show up right on cue) then i regailed her with all the cool dive stories for about 6 months, then took her for a try dive at the local shop. She's been hooked since. Didnt have to work too hard to convince her- but My Awesome Accent (tm) and the skin-tight neoprene probably helped. Thats the real reason i ditched the drysuit- truth is, im bloody freezing down there, but she keeps looking at and commenting on my buns, so its all good :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom