Dive report: Peace liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like a great trip. I like the mental image of your own squid army to do your underwater bidding, it sounds very aquaman-esque.
Agreed! Great description :crafty:

Thanks for the write up.

I really can't stress enough about how great the crew was. I'm a bit of a tightwad when it comes to tipping, but they really earned their tip and then some.

As far as the pictures go, I'm having issues trying to create albums/upload pics to SB. I've notified NetDoc about it and they're looking into things...

Thanks for the report... I've been on 2 Peace cruises and both were top shelf as far as dive experiences... Let's have those pictures already :)

Sweat pants + a good sweater/jacket should be good enough. Hinalo's advice about a jacket to wear during SI if you or your wife are diving wet is also a good idea. Keep in mind that the hot tub will also be your best friend too if you're diving wet. Pretty much all of the wetsuit divers were pouring the hot water down their wetsuits between/before dives.

My wife and I will be on the Peace July 28 through July 31. It will be our first liveaboard. Our biggest concern right now is what to bring to wear while not diving. Did it get cold in the evening? Should we take jeans or maybe sweat pants?

I'm glad you had a great trip! I agree, I love the Peace and the crew is fantastic and well worth a good tip. crgjpg, it looks like my husband Larry and I will be sharing a boat with you. Look us up! We won't be hard to find. Larry has an immense camera, and I will be the short woman in braids telling him to hurry up and get off the boat already. :D

Carol Cohn

And yes, bring a jacket, but not too many changes of clothes. My boat attire consists of jammies and my dive gear, plus whatever I wore getting on and off the boat.

Great report! Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm really curious how the S90 worked for you.

Don, I didn't get the S90, but the G11. The onboard flash + FIX diffuser is okay, but nothing beats having an external strobe I found out. The difference is literally night and day, especially when it comes to macro's. The flip down macro lenses are really convient as I can still use the normal lens otherwise.

Here's a link to the pics that I took during the trip:

Picasa Web Albums - Matt - Channel Islan...

I'll be moving them to SB once NetDoc and the others fix the issues.

Great report! Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm really curious how the S90 worked for you.

just kidding! We do need pictures of you though.

Haha that's what you get for leading and being so far out in front of me that I can't signal you to stop and pose :D

Except you'll have to show me how to use your camera so I can take pictures of your butt :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom