Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas from Baja Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas from Baja Dive May 17th. 2013

Todays first Dive was at Pelican Rock Water Temp. today was 74 degrees air Temp 88 degrees.No wind and no surge.
Divers saw walls of fish everywhere,also seen were Lobsters,Spotted Eels, Green Morays, Big Parrotfish, Cortez Stingrays, Angle fish. on the 16th of May another Giant Manta was spotted here.
2nd Dive was at North Wall Divers saw Grass Eels, Cortez Anglefish, Octopus, Nudibranchs,trumpetfish, Gobys just to name a few. GOPR6979.jpgGOPR6908.jpgGOPR6906.jpgGOPR6907.jpgGOPR6977.jpg

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas June 7th.2013
Todays first Dive was at North Wall Divers saw schools of Yellow Snappers and AmberJacks.
Spotted Eels, Morish Idols, Lobsters, Nudibranchs, Cortez Angles Grass Eels.
Today Vis was 100 feet Water Temp.72 degrees. slight surge. no wind.
2nd Dive was at Lands End Divers Divers saw Sea lions, Puffers, Cortez Anglefish, Groupers, Lobsters, Octopus, and much more.
safe diving to allGOPR6907.jpgGOPR7918.jpgGOPR7961.jpg

Attachments

• GOPR6908.jpg
    GOPR6908.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 68
  • GOPR6979.jpg
    GOPR6979.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 50
Hello, All

We have been contemplating spending a week or so in the CSL area in the late autumn. One of the reasons is the diving there. I was wondering about the water temperatures and what would be needed for exposure suits.

I own a 3mm long-sleeve, long-leg (although I think the sleeves are 2mm). I have used it quite comfortably in Hawaii (mid-December), FL Keys (mid-October), Nassau (mid-October), and Cozumel late-autumn).

How does CSL late-autumn compare to the other places I have mentioned? I have read a number of posts on these threads about people complaining about cold and choppy waters. Any helpful advice? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
JoJo:

We dove CSL last November 25th. I am comfortable to about 72 degrees with only a rashguard and was fine for a two tank dive. My wife needed a 5mm shorty though. Water temps seem to drop in December and January but that may be variable depending on more global weather patterns. Remember that the Pacific side will be cooler. ymmv

Michael

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas, June 28th 2013.Due to the storm that was in the south Vis was not great but the water was calm and lots of sunshine.
Divers saw Spotted Eels, Green Morays, Big Parrot fish,Nudibranchs, Schools of grunts and Yellow Snappers,Cortez Angles and much more.
We are looking forward to a good Summer season with warm clear water.
Safe Diving to all.
Dee

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas July 10th, Water Temp. was 67 degrees Vis was 45 to 50 feet due to the tropical Storm that passed this past weekend.
First Dive was at Peligan Rock.
Divers saw a wall of Grunts numbering in the Thousands,a giant Grouper that was around 150 lbs.Big Lobsters, Nudibranchs, Parrot Fish, Cortez Anglefish, And tons tropical fish.
2nd Dive was at middle Wall Divers saw Grass Eels, Big Morays, Morish Idol's, School of Yellow Snappers and much more.
Safe Diving to all.
Dee

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas July 15th 2013
Today first Dive was at Pelican Rock water is warming up today's temp. was 76 degrees Vis has been any where from 40 to 85 feet this week. With the warmer water the Vis. will improve and should be at least 80 feet everyday.
Divers saw big schools of Grunts, Yellow Snappers, Octopus, Parrotfish. Balloonfish. Spotted Boxfish, and Spanish Dancer Nudebranchs.
2nd. Dive was at North Wall Divers saw Barberfish, Morish Idols,Cortez Anglefish,Big Green Morays, Lobsters, and lots more.
Safe Diving to all
Dee

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas July 25th. 2013.
Todays first Dive was at pelican rock Vis was 45 feet due to a storm about 800 miles south so there was some surf at the point. Water Temp was 78 degrees and I don't remember see so many Schools of fish there were Mexican Barracuda, Yellow Snappers, Grunts, Jeweled Eels, Big Green morays, Big Groupers,Parrotfish, trigger Fish.
2nd Dive was at North Wall we saw at least 200 grass Eels, Barberfish, Cortez Anglefish, small Rays,and I could go on and on just so much Marine Life.
Conditions look much better Today July 25th the water is very calm and great Vis.
Safe Diving to all.
Dee

Is there a particular time of the year which offers the highest chance of seeing Mantas?

The Best Time is Winter starting in November best chance to see them is aboard a live aboard.
Is there a particular time of the year which offers the highest chance of seeing Mantas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom