Dive Report - Disney Dive Quest Nov 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah I see idocsteve, sorry for the confusion. Yes masks are allowed, its just rare that someone brings a non prescription mask with them on a non diving vacation.

lol on the 400lb smoker bit. None of us are any of those!

I would think you would plan in advance to dive in the tank, so bringing your mask would be good. Any idea on how they feel about FFMs?
Thats a definite no no I'm afraid. We have them for employees but not for guests. They would prefer not to let people even use their own masks but it teetering on the edge of a "visibility issue".

Yes masks are allowed, its just rare that someone brings a non prescription mask with them on a non diving vacation.

Really?

Since I knew I'd be doing the Epcot dive I didn't give a second thought to bringing my own non Rx diving mask with me. It fits well and I know the only mucuous that was slobbered over it came from my own sinuses.

Really.

I'm afraid that when asked most of our guests admit they haven't dove in years :(, so personal equipment is kind of rare.

My son and I stopped by on our dive trip through Florida. It was a wonderful time! I really think Disney pulls all the stops for this experience and makes it worth while. If I remember, we could bring our own mask and swimsuit, but that was it. They did not want to chance bringing any contaminations into the tank. I believe we had to rinse our masks in a disinfectant before entering the tank.

The depth of the tank is only 25' and yes you become part of the Disney show!
Howard

when you book, ask for the PADI, NAUI, or even the AAA discount.

each will give you a 10% discount. (done at the time of booking and no you don't have to send them proof of your card, etc).

However, they want your cert card when you do the dive, but they don't cross check to see if the cert agency matches the "discount agency" when you booked.

For those that think this is expensive, the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta charges $325.00 for basically the same thing. Actually, they advertise their dive as 30 minutes. If you would prefer to swim instead of scuba, it's only $225.00. :D

Back
Top Bottom