Dive Report: Channel Islands, Memorial Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outstanding report..felt like I was there!!!

Thanks for the time to put this together-much appreciated!
Got to get out there some day soon!

Drew

Nice report. We were out there from Fri. (Catalina) to Sun. (San Miguel). Sun. at miguel was amazing, no wind and little swell. Some of the best conditions for diving the frontside I have ever seen. We got to do Wodrow Pinnacle and Wilson's reef area. We didn't get to dive Wycoff but I really like that spot.

Those are great pictures! We were really lucky to have those conditions in May!

Dan

I was on the Horizon on this same weekend at San Clemente island. We couldn't believe how smooth the water was. We had some great wall dives. Lots of bait balls hanging around too. San Clemente is such an awesome dive site...I think I am only going on So. Islands / San Clemente trips from now on.

Unfortunately our Friday morning wreck alley dive got canceled due to weather, so we toured San Diego until boarding the Horizon that evening.

My Ikelite housing is still collecting dust...didn't pull it out for this trip. I used some new toys...my Force Fin Pro fins and argon dry suit inflation...and I like both.

Back
Top Bottom