Dive Report 7/21, Pt. Lobos: Betos Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yangnome

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dive Report 7/21, Pt. Lobos: Beto’s Reef
I finally got a camera, so I can now make dive reports that might be worth reading. Ben B (Biznate) took the day off work, which meant I finally had a Monday dive buddy. Ben and I have dove together a couple times at Breakwater, but he had only been to Lobos one previous time.

Ben wanted to take advantage of his double tanks and plan a longer, deeper dive. Reports over the weekend from Team Kitty sounded positive, so we decided to plan a dive to Beto’s Reef.

Both Ben and I needed fills Monday morning, so we started off a bit late. Due to a drysuit issue, Ben also had to stop by MBDC to rent a drysuit. We rolled into Lobos a little after 11AM. I was a little worried about getting a spot so late in the day during the summer (though I’ve only had trouble on one Monday at Lobos), but it turned out we were Team #1, and wound up being the only divers in the park for the day.

Our initial plan was to scooter out to Beto’s, but the scooter Ben was using had some problems. We decided to clip his scooter off and surface tow through the sand channel, drop and kick out to the site.

In the end, we had a great dive. Vis was great, the conditions were great and we had a fun dive. Max Depth: 101’ Total dive time: 87 minutes Temp 51. Some pics and video are included for your viewing pleasure:

Sure, you’ve seen them before, but what’s a dive report without some surface pics?

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20007.jpg

url]

Ben: “If I kick fast enough, I can pretend I’m scootering”
Picture%20013.jpg

Picture%20015.jpg

I swear There was a fish here when I clicked the shutter…
Picture%20016.jpg

There he is, must be camera shy
Picture%20017.jpg

YouTube - There's a Hole in the Wall- Point Lobos Dive

YouTube - A Good Day at Beto's Reef - Point Lobos

Very nice Al!!!

Sorry I didn't get to see you last time I was out. :sad:

Al, I love the creepy music on the first one, and well Betos was just great.

I wish I could have gone :(

Al, I love the creepy music on the first one, and well Betos was just great.

I wish I could have gone :(
Yeah, I was playing around with finding music for the soundtracks last night and noticed how different songs could really change the mood of the video. Fun stuff...

Thanks for the videos - and I love the surface shot, looks calm as a lake. I hope you're able to make it out again this Monday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom