Dive Physical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitroxnut01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. I know this has probably been asked but here it goes....
Going to get a long over due annual physical. The doctor I'll be seeing probably won't have a clue about physical tailored towards someone who is a diver. So wanted to know what things I should have checked by the doctor that might be over looked in a normal non diver related physical. Thanks

Not sure of your age but normally a physical will include all the normal stuff and add a lung function test, chest xray and if 40 or over should do a treadmill stress test as well.

Hi Nitroxnut01,

If you are over 40, you should undergo screening for cardiac fitness, and most especially for cardiovascular fitness. This should include cardiac stress testing.

IMHO, a chest x-ray and pulmonary functioning testing probably are not necessary or recommended unless there are specific indications for such.

Be sure to tell the examining physician of any complaints you may have, especially those involving the ear, nose or throat.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual and should not be construed as such. Consult with your physician before diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom