Dive partner wanted in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohthoseeyes

Registered
Reaction score
I am traveling to Anahiem for work in November. I would love to get in a couple dives while I am there and was wondering if anyone would like to show me a little about the California waters. Or if any of you have any great suggestions on what to do and where to go would be great. Thanks for your help. THe dates I will be there is November 7-14. Have an awsome day!

I could do a dive or two off of our local beaches if you like. Malibu, Palos Verde, Laguna Beach, what's your fancy? I see by your profile you have dove California before, so you know we are 7mm wetsuit or drysuit territory. You should also note that beach diving in SoCal often requires a hike down and up a hill or cliff in full SCUBA gear.

Malibu is mostly trails (some maintained, some not) to the site across the face of the cliff. Not too bad, but they can be long walks. There are of course some exceptions where there are roads (paved and not) and stairs.
Palos Verde is goat trails down the face of the cliff. These can be quite steep an not for the faint of heart. Exception, Long Point (old marineland) and Malaga Cove and heart attack trail (Point Vincente fishing access).

Laguna Beach, stairs, lots of stairs.

http://www.sandeaters.org and click on dive sites for photos and descriptions of our local diving.

Walking/running up hills is a good preparation for our local diving.

If you want to go diving, PM me or call 562-421-3094. I am available on a flexible schedule, but the wife does limit me to one day of diving a week (night dives don't count do they?).

Sounds fun! It's always nice to meet ScubaBoard members from other places.

Maybe Wrinkles will do her Nov. dive on Nov. 13th. It's a couple of weeks after the big Wrinkles Oct. bash in La Jolla, but it's not too close to Thankgiving. So the date wouldn't start running into people's holiday plans.

I won't be sure of my schedule until close to the dates you are coming into town, but I'll go if I can.

Christian

As far as what I have done in California, I have been on one dive trip there last NOvember to Catalina island. So I am aware of the cold for sure! I game for just about anything that week, would love to dive with anyone that would like to go. I can do some hike ins...I'll make sure I get myself ready for it. And by the way Pasley...tell your wife that I dont think night dives count! They shouldn't any way! And Mr. Head hunter who is wrinkles and what dives does she do?

ohthoseeyes:
As far as what I have done in California, I have been on one dive trip there last NOvember to Catalina island. So I am aware of the cold for sure! I game for just about anything that week, would love to dive with anyone that would like to go. I can do some hike ins...I'll make sure I get myself ready for it. And by the way Pasley...tell your wife that I dont think night dives count! They shouldn't any way! And Mr. Head hunter who is wrinkles and what dives does she do?
Wrinkles is one of our SoCal members. Some other members have started a monthly dive that they've named after her because she mentioned to them that it would be really nice to get together once a month for a planned dive with all of the nice people she has met from this board.

That is the Readers Digest version of the story, as I understand it. I was not around for the birth of this monthly dive that is now a SoCal dive tradition.

Besides that, Wrinkles is just a fun and very cool person. It's no wonder that SoCal named a dive after her! :crafty:

Maybe she'll find this thread and make a few comments and introduce herself to those who have yet to meet her.

Christian

Hi Jen,

I actually live in Anaheim. Where will you be staying??? I would be happy to dive with you in Laguna. I know several good spots and reefs that you would not be disappointed!

Email me at Cajan_2002@yahoo.com or give me a buzz at (714) 514-1962

Looking forward in meeting you

I am going to be staying at the Disneyland hotel. I would love to go diving with you. Headhunter thank you for your info on Wrinkles. We should see if we can get a dive together in November while I am there. I would love to dive with you all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom