Dive Parka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol

or, they become "one-dive-wonders", like me.

that second dive when it is cold is highly overrated. (do ice divers just skip it?)
That second dive seems more traditional than anything.

But IF I WERE to do the second dive, those parkas look nice. Our HS swim/polo team uses them.

JB says that San Clemente Island amphibious assault in RIBs gets pretty chilly.

Thanks for all the great advice. I bought a pair of TruWest parkas and they are great. Michelle, she gets cold really easy, sat out on the deck last night at 30 degrees and was toasty. They are really well made. Thanks again for the great advice.

-------kevin----------

Thanks for all the great advice. I bought a pair of TruWest parkas and they are great. Michelle, she gets cold really easy, sat out on the deck last night at 30 degrees and was toasty. They are really well made. Thanks again for the great advice.

-------kevin----------

I was just in Monterey for the weekend, and I loved mine every moment I was there.

Good to hear. Thanks for sharing.

---
Ken

Now, why would I need a waterproof parka? I'd rather have something that breathes and allows me to dry.

Adam

Day time - boat is moving to another site, wind is blasting, chop is up, spray is blowing and you're in your drysuit undies.

Waterproof very good.

Night time - diving is done. You're on the upper deck with a glass of 20-year old port and a Monte Cristo #2, sitting in a chair in the breeze, looking at a million stars thinking life gets no better than this.

Waterproof keeps the wind off of you.

If you can find a "breathable" water proof parka for the price of a TruWest, that offers full length, lined pockets and the insulation value - rock on.

You won't. :shakehead:

Also - when you're outside after your 3rd dive of the day, and you're walking about trying to warm your core enough to get motivated to make that 4th dive, do you really want the wet wetsuit you're wearing evaporating and cooling you down?

I say no.

Waterproof very good. Thick insulation very good. TruWest very good.

---
Ken

I am the designer of a new product called the Surf-fur that is the best dive parka on the market. It is windproof, water-proof, and soft fleece inside and out. The best part is that it IS breathable like our friend wants. You will never sweat in this puppy and I have worn it in 100 Degree heat....it was for a dive show. I will give the first person who sends me an e-mail a free parka if they use it and give me some honest feedback on this thread. (And we are cheaper than most parkas on the market for $109-119) surf-fur.com
thanks! cindy@surf-fur.com

Day time - boat is moving to another site, wind is blasting, chop is up, spray is blowing and you're in your drysuit undies.

Waterproof very good.

Night time - diving is done. You're on the upper deck with a glass of 20-year old port and a Monte Cristo #2, sitting in a chair in the breeze, looking at a million stars thinking life gets no better than this.

Waterproof keeps the wind off of you.

If you can find a "breathable" water proof parka for the price of a TruWest, that offers full length, lined pockets and the insulation value - rock on.

You won't. :shakehead:

Also - when you're outside after your 3rd dive of the day, and you're walking about trying to warm your core enough to get motivated to make that 4th dive, do you really want the wet wetsuit you're wearing evaporating and cooling you down?

I say no.

Waterproof very good. Thick insulation very good. TruWest very good.

---
Ken
Try the Surf-fur that is wind-proof, waterproof, and breathable AND reversable. And $119. Read my post below. surf-fur.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom