Dive Parka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gentleman-pirate

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok whats the hot set up. I have seen people wearing them between dives on a boat and they look warm and cozy.

Who makes a good one and where is a good place to get one ?.

----------kevin-------------

Ok whats the hot set up. I have seen people wearing them between dives on a boat and they look warm and cozy.

Who makes a good one and where is a good place to get one ?.

----------kevin-------------

There is no better parka.

Simply the best there is. End of story. All the others are posers.

truWest Custom Sport Products or Dive Parka .com The dive parka for scuba divers who actually go diving

Waterproof, windproof, real zippers, fuzzy pockets and no friggen dive shop logo - the best quality.

Don't waste your cash on anything else.

---
Ken

thru ScubaJennifer i have a truwest custom parka and LOVE IT! wish it would get cold enough down here to wear it more often!!

likes: long, even for a 5'11 person like me. warm on the inside and weatherproof on the outside.
got to choose my fav colour (yellow) for the inside
nice pockets and the zippers are very hardy

dislikes: i dont get to wear it as much as i would like

cheers

Yeah, I love my Truwest....I won't leave home without it!!!!

Here are pics of mine and AlmityWifes...

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Nice. :)

I'll say that the parkas sold at Pacific Wilderness, should you be in SoCal are really nice as well, and a little cheaper than these. Look to be pretty much the same and those pictured... may even be an OEM version of these?

For the cheapest, however, "swim parkas" are the way to go, and I've ready very good reviews of those from SwimOutlet.com, and the price is VERY good by comparison. May be worth checking out if you're on a budget. I'd love to compare the truWest parkas and the SwimOutlet parkas side by side some day, but it is my belief that the cheaper ones would hold up quite well by comparison.

I realize Ken is absolute in his recommendation but I’ll let you know I sold my TruWest boat coat after using a Chammyz Boat Coat. I picked it up in Hawaii after leaving my TruWest at home, I’m glad I did!

Chammyz is more expensive than TruWest but significantly more versatile and more importantly warmer.

thru ScubaJennifer i have a truwest custom parka and LOVE IT! wish it would get cold enough down here to wear it more often!!

likes: long, even for a 5'11 person like me. warm on the inside and weatherproof on the outside.
got to choose my fav colour (yellow) for the inside
nice pockets and the zippers are very hardy

dislikes: i dont get to wear it as much as i would like

cheers

Be careful what you wish for!

I realize Ken is absolute in his recommendation but I’ll let you know I sold my TruWest boat coat after using a Chammyz Boat Coat. I picked it up in Hawaii after leaving my TruWest at home, I’m glad I did!

Chammyz is more expensive than TruWest but significantly more versatile and more importantly warmer.

It seems like an awfully short cut to actually use where it's cold.

I have one from Swim Outlet and it is very warm but the fabric is a little stiff. Does a great job repelling water and blocks the wind almost completely. The length hits me mid-calf. When I moved to Key West for my current job assignment, I left it in storage so bought another one from Divers Direct. This one is made by Basix, it's a little shorter--mid thigh-- but softer fabric. Seems to do the job nicely for winter conditions on a near-tropical island, and the price was very reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom