Dive options from Cpt. Morgans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfepeman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried to get into Victoria House on Ambergris Caye Jan 1 - 8, but they were booked so I settled for Captain Morgans. Captain Morgans seems more like a honeymooner's fantasy island kind of place, which isn't really my style, but we'll see.

Anyhow, my question is this: Is it possible to get dive operations other than the one associated with Captain Morgans to pick me up, since I'll be 3 miles north of town? It could be that the dive operator at CM is okay, but I want to keep my options open.

I just don't want to be stuck on some honeymooner cattle boat trip.

Hi

Most Diveshops will pick up from Captain Morgans I know that Amigos will and we will also not sure about protech but peter is not usually far behind me on posting i expect they do though.

In addition the op that works out of Capt Morgans is Patojos dive shop while he does not have a shop onsite he operates out of there and I have not heard anything bad about him.

have a great trip

gaz

That is a relief to hear. A few years ago we stayed north of town in Cozumel and regretted all the taxi rides to get down to town. I hope we won't feel as stranded on Ambergris Caye. Captain Morgans has somebody to arrange whatever trip you want, but I hate to be a captive audience.

On the positive side, I was looking at a map and it shows Mexican Rocks just a bit north (hard to tell the distance scale, though), and I need to look into whether it is possible to kayak out there with my wife for some snorkeling by ourselves.

I feel better about my impending trip already- thanks a bunch!

You should not be stranded at Capt Morgans there are water ferrys that run every 2 hours plus Capt Morgans has its own trips into town also or you could rent a golf cart and drive into town if you wish. Even if you had got into victoria house thats about the same distance out of town but south of town and that also requires a taxi ride into town.

As far as mexico rocks is concerned that in my opinion is too far north for you to kayak to it would be against the wind and is about a 2 miles to the area however there is good snorkeling right in front of captain Morgans on the reef (about 10 minutes to kayak out there,

have a great trip

regards

Gaz Cooper

P.S Capt Morgans is an aggresive timeshare seller so be preparedto be approached while staying there to buy a timeshare

Yes, Gaz, Protech does pick up from Capn. Morgan's. Incidentally, "dfepeman", our website is www.protechbelize.com. You may want to PM me to get more detailed information.

Gaz:
..... is an aggresive timeshare seller so be preparedto be approached while staying there to buy a timeshare
Unfortunately this is now getting very common on AC.

I had heard about that at CM. I wasn't sure if it was restricted to passers-by in town, or if they actually went after the guest. I HOPE that, if we give them a firm "no thanks", they will leave us alone and let us enjoy our holiday. It is hard for me to imagine that they would harras guest if they want any return business.

I HATE timeshare sales people. I go by the old rule: if someone is trying too hard to sell you something, it is virtually never in your best interest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom