Dive Ops out of Jacksonville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone used Atlantic Pro Divers and can comment
on their experience with them? Or any other dive
ops from Jacksonville area. My dive buddy and I are looking
to get in some diving the first weekend in July and were
trying to find a good operator and trip. Thanks.

Did you decide to go with Atlantic Pro? I'm scheduled to go out with them Saturday (7/1). It may be too late for you by then, but I'll post my impressions regardless. I primarily chose them cause they were the cheapest. One note... tanks are not included for the $70 trips.

IF at a future time your interested in some springs diving , let me know!!!

Jeano Beano
Fort White , Florida

masonlc:
Did you decide to go with Atlantic Pro? I'm scheduled to go out with them Saturday (7/1). It may be too late for you by then, but I'll post my impressions regardless. I primarily chose them cause they were the cheapest. One note... tanks are not included for the $70 trips.

Please post your impressions after the trip. My dive buddy is checking
into finances, so we haven't finalized it yet.

jeandiver:
IF at a future time your interested in some springs diving , let me know!!!

Jeano Beano
Fort White , Florida

Always up for spring diving but I don't have cavern certification so I am limited
on what I can do.

Dove 2 barges today with Atlantic Pro Divers on the 34' Native Diver II. There were 10 divers and 2 crew. It was a little tight, but definately didn't feel overcrowded. The crew behaved professionally, but pretty much stayed out of the way. They were very accomodating to the spearfishermen on board, packing their catches in ice for them, and even filleting a flounder for one guy. They had a cooler with water and sodas and a few snacks. This was definately "no frills" diving. If you prefer a little pampering, I'd look elsewhere; but if you just want a ride out to some offshore sites, than APD fits the bill.

i've gone out with Atlantic Pro Divers before, and masonlc got it perfectly.

they are a safe, laid-back crew, that pretty much leave you to your own devices.

it's too bad the price is so high ($85 for a two-tank dive) or i'd go out with them
more often.

masonlc:
Dove 2 barges today with Atlantic Pro Divers on the 34' Native Diver II. There were 10 divers and 2 crew. It was a little tight, but definately didn't feel overcrowded. The crew behaved professionally, but pretty much stayed out of the way. They were very accomodating to the spearfishermen on board, packing their catches in ice for them, and even filleting a flounder for one guy. They had a cooler with water and sodas and a few snacks. This was definately "no frills" diving. If you prefer a little pampering, I'd look elsewhere; but if you just want a ride out to some offshore sites, than APD fits the bill.

How deep was the dive? Another question, my dive buddy has not had any salt
water diving. Do you think the dive master would pamper him if asked or would
you suggest we look elsewhere? Thanks.

H2Andy:
it's too bad the price is so high ($85 for a two-tank dive) or i'd go out with them
more often.

Was that including rental tanks?
I only paid $70 yesterday($74.90 with tax), but used my own tanks and weights.

Gator Diver:
How deep was the dive? Another question, my dive buddy has not had any salt
water diving. Do you think the dive master would pamper him if asked or would
you suggest we look elsewhere? Thanks.

1st dive was 55', 2nd was 70'.
Talking with the DM, he said he would be happy to accompany anyone who felt they needed extra attention on the dives.
The lack of pampering I was refering to was things like changing out the tanks between dives, helping with putting on equipment, providing food, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom