Dive ops handling wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geez awap, now you'd have us bringing along household goods! Why can't you understand that we are on vacation and merely wish for our concierge service dive op to be prepared to include storage of our wetsuits along with our other gear.

That is a real hazard that people should be aware of. If you see tile, assume that it is slippery and be cautious. I saw a woman slip on the tiled ramp coming out of a beach club bathroom.

As far as dripping water on tile, take a large trash bag to hold what little water should be dripping.
Wouldn't it be easier to just switch dive ops than carry large trash bags around?

I'm amazed at how much people like to wear their wetsuits. At Sabor I see people having breakfast in wetsuits. At Blue Angel I have seen people strutting around at 7 in the morning in their wetsuits, and they have a 45 minute boat ride so they must really like wetsuits. Some people never take them off the whole day. I never found one I like to wear so I don't put mine on until I see the DM putting theirs on. That way I can enjoy 5 minutes of my 10 minute boat ride wetsuit free. The wetsuit comes off as soon as I get on the boat too there's nothing worse than wearing a wet wetsuit. Being able to leave it on the boat is a huge convenience I definitely don't want to drag it around in a large trash bag, and I'm not going to wear it either. I like to leave it on the boat. I never found the need to pee in it I go before I get on the boat and on the SI not in the wetsuit. My wetsuit isn't hazardous material.

Last edited:
I like Christies stance. That way if someone sharts in theirs, they have to deal with in addition to the pee.

Problem solved!

Bought one for the boat. Will be sparing the bench I'll be sitting on. :)

IMG_20130426_183906.jpg

Wouldn't it be easier to just switch dive ops than carry large trash bags around?

I'm amazed at how much people like to wear their wetsuits... At Blue Angel I have seen people strutting around at 7 in the morning in their wetsuits, and they have a 45 minute boat ride so they must really like wetsuits. ...
That would be me? Not at 7AM, though I do put it on my lower half before I go down to the boat. Grateful Dead tie die on my upper. It's not that I like wearing the wetsuit so much, particularly; it's that I'd rather not deal with struggling into and out of it on the boat. I wear it until I get back to my room after the dive (and after standing under the shower there by the shop), where I hang it on the drying rack until I need it again. It's no trouble and I don't see what the fuss is about. DSFDF and YMMV.

Why take it off ever? You could go to dinner in your wetsuit, sleep in your wetsuit, even wear it back home on the plane.

Sometimes it is F'n amazing to read these threads.... Is this really a problem ??? :confused: You people ever have kids or pets, You get over pee really fast.... Your happy it's just pee you find...:banana: Drinking water is needed to hydrate .... Drinking water makes you pee.... Peeing after drinking large amounts of water flushes the bladder and the ppm's of things bacteria like is almost nil.... I take with me and drink water on dives "UNDERWATER".... I also pee a lot... :wink: My wetsuit does not smell.... I'll pick-up and handle any wetsuit without thinking about it...

Maybe I should start a business in mexico...

Pee Suit Handling Services... "We are your number 1# friend in Cozumel, Just don't send us a number 2#" :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Jim.....

No you can't. You have to take it off to pee.:D
Why take it off ever? You could go to dinner in your wetsuit, sleep in your wetsuit, even wear it back home on the plane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom