Dive operators you would recommend in Scapa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that video... i'm going on that boat in 3 weeks.... with Dive Cellar.. can't wait... our club book them every year...

Did I see a lift in that video ? Hope so....

Don't worry, they've got a lift and it works. :)
Enjoy, Scapa is fantastic.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2013 at 12:35 PM ----------

Erwan, great video!! We are off there in late July (well, leaving Sydney) and diving for a week starting 3 August. We are using Radiant Queen. Just saw the link and that the temp was 6C. Hope it warms up before we go. Viz looked like it varied a bit.

Hi Michael

Hey, many aussies come to visit Europe but not so many for diving and very few to dive in Northern Scotland !
Water temp should be much warmer...well, much less cold is probably more appropriated...about 12°C maybe ? Take your dry suit of course.

I've seen the radiant Queen, a very nice boat , good looking.
They didn't get out the harbour on the worst day, the wind was 30-35 kts with gusts to 40 kts. I think it was much more because their divers ( all CCR) wanted to have a break than because of the boat itself.
The dive shop was just facing our accommodation, nice people, welcoming and selling some very cool 4th element tee shirts.
Everybody knows that tee shirts are the most important purpose for us to go to Scapa Flow...:D

Last edited:
I'd recommend a charter on the Valkyrie (mv-valkyrie.co.uk). The prices are reasonable and the service is excellent. They have a powered dive platform, which really makes it easy for getting back aboard. The problem may be availability; it fills up quickly and they have a 12 Diver maximum.

Another vote for Radiant Queen and Scapa Scuba. Emily (skipper on the Queen) does the full package - accommodation in her comfortable Divers' Lodge self-catering, fantastic briefings, amazing food, and a well-laid out vessel (one of the smallest boats up there, but one of the biggest lifts!).

If you've never dived Scapa before, these are the people to do it with - her briefings are so detailed, you can see divers underwater working their way from one object/area she described to another. Certainly helps, as first time on the wrecks, they are one big lump of metal!

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom