Dive Operators in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgm333

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there-new to this forum, and am planning a dive trip to Curacao. I have checked a lot of dive operator web sites, and am leaning towards The Dive Bus; my only concern is that they are pricier than some, and are purely shore dives (they sub out boat dives if desired). Are they worth the price, or are there other operators out there that are as good for less? Any info. at all would be appreciated!

What do you need on Curacao.
1 rental car
2 Map of island(for divesites)
3 Tanks.

So why not just rent tanks near where you're staying.

If I was more experienced at diving, I would probably be comfortable with doing that; however, we just got certified about a month ago, and I would prefer to go on led dives for the time being, at least! Thanks for the info though!

Wel since I dunno what type of diving you care for here goes my personal experience:

Western part of the island: Ocean Encounters West gets my vote.
Eastern part of the island: The Dive Bus, Atlantis Diving and Silent Immersion

There's a whole bunch of others on the island. Shop around and get some bottom time.

P.S. 300Bar is absolutely right. There is the occassional boat dive however.

Don

If I was more experienced at diving, I would probably be comfortable with doing that; however, we just got certified about a month ago, and I would prefer to go on led dives for the time being, at least! Thanks for the info though!

Well didn't know you where a new diver,your profile is a bit empty:D
But for a new diver,I'll still give the same advice,you don't realy need a guide on Curacao.
It's or shallow lagune diving or along the wall.Just watch your gauges (depth AND air)
As for some sugestions on dive sites;
1 West point,do the snorkeltrail
2 Playa porto marie double reef,good for a day of fun in the sun.
3 Boca Sami,go in when the owner of the divecenter goes in,he allway's brings a loaf of bread to feed the yellowtail snappers,and you'll be in a cloud of(1000s)snappers.
4 Slangebaai/Snakebay seen alot of turtles there.Nice shallow part and a nice wall.
Just to name a few.
Just have fun.

Oh and do give a report on the trip.:D

Okay, I filled in some profile info! Thanks for the heads up-and thank you both for the info! I will definitely post a report when I get back.

Others, keep the info coming!

Hi MGM333,

300bar is quite right - diving on Curacao is pretty easy, but still very beautiful! If you need some specific advice on shore dives in the west of Curacao, why don't you come to visit us at Playa Kalki in Westpoint? We also offer boat trips to marvelous dive sites like Watamula, Elvin's Plane Wreck, Rediho, Mushroom Forest and Paradise, which are all not accessible from land, but for sure worth having a close look!

For shore diving, I most highly recommend Alice in Wonderland, Playa Piscado, Playa Cas Abou and the San Juan area (Playa Largu or Playa Shon Mosa).

Where will you be staying on the island?

Best regards from Curacao

Andreas
..:: All West Curacao ::..
..:: Ocean Encounters West ::..

We're staying at the Kura Hulanda Lodge; We have two weeks, so we're looking for 6 or 7 days of diving at least!

mgm,

If you are staying in the KH Lodge in Westpunt, then I would definitely recommend doing your boat dives and renting your gear for shore dives from ..:: Ocean Encounters West ::..

My dive buddy and I dove with them and they are a highly trained, intelligent, and out going dive operation who clearly love diving and enjoying sharing the beautiful world underwater with others:

278252570_kuUsB-L.jpg

278259649_B4YaW-L.jpg

They are located right beside the KH Lodge at one of the best dive sites on Curacao, "Alice in Wonderland":

290738570_VhHV7-L.jpg

278253608_JZqBq-L.jpg

I did 4 dives at the reef there, including 2 very beautiful night dives:

283139099_uoDwy-L.jpg

If you are fairly new to scuba, I strongly urge you to consider doing your advanced open water dives with Ocean Encounters West. My dive buddy, Ted, on the left of the first picture above, beside his DM, Andreas, earned with AOW with them and gives them his highest marks.

By the way, be certain to get by the "Sol Food" Restaurant Fri - Sun for one of the best reasonably priced meals on Curacao. It's just a short distance from KH: Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao

Enjoy your trip, alashas honeymoon2's photos- powered by SmugMug

Oh man do I hate it when someone posts pics like this.
Now I have to go back again.:D

Back
Top Bottom