Dive operator recommendations in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dived DP last year and had a great time. We went with their fast boat which looked a bit beat up, but got us there and back without incident. Our DM "Memo" (no idea of last name) was fine. He was attentive the first dive until we had established ourselves as proficient divers and then gave us our freedom.

That being said, we are using Living Underwater this year -- we leave Sunday!!!! As indicated in earlier postings, I will report back on LU in a few weeks.

Dive SAFE!

Craig

I have been diving with Dive Paradise for years and have always had great service. The divemasters are top-notch and always are quick to point out great marine life. Also now they are on the beach at Brisas so what could be more convenient. I say dive with DP and have fun

Oh, and you can check out their website at www.diveparadise.com to get a better idea of what all they offer. Great website - worth a look/see!

Another vote for Dive Paradise here.

I will only use them when I dive in Cozumel. But, let me also say, there are tons of wonerful dive operators in Cozumel.

:sunny:

Have fun!

PS Be sure to dive the C- 53.. my favorite wreck so far!

Another two great operators are: Blue Angels. They have boats with 4 - 6 divers. You can dive your computer. Ramon is one of their great divemasters.

If you want to dive steel 120s or 100s, go with Living Underwater. They also have small boats and allowed us to dive our computers.

To be accurate, Living Underwater has LP steel 120s & 95s, and aluminum 80s & 100s to choose from.

While I used to be a big fan of LU, a number of unhappy experiences with them over last Thanksgiving has caused me to remove them from my recommended list.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Thanks everyone for the input, I think we will give Sea Urchin a try. This guy Isidro is on it. We've emailed each other no less than 7 times already. If his communication is any prelude to what the diving will be like then I believe we are in for a treat. I will post a review upon our return from Coz in May. Again a big thank you to all posters on the forum.

Did anybody book dives on Cozumel through the net?Was there any advantage in price? It worked very well for us on St. Lucia - saved a lot of money with garanteed price through internet. We will be there during the last week of March. Still have to make a desicion with whom to dive... I am in a desperate need to see a seahorse! any suggestions?

When is your trip? Was the urchin prompt? Should I give him a try? Maybe we will be there at the same time - our dates are 22-29 of March. Thaks

I like Blue Angel in Cozumel. You can access them through the web. Small boats and really great dive masters. I've dove with them several times and they are economical and very thorough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom