Dive Operator in Sanur, Bali - Be aware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkandls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I used TwoFishDiving in Sanur, Bali. I would recommend using another dive operator until they make changes to their operation and improve their communications with customers.
We had several issues during our 2 days of diving with them, and they would not even admit their wrong doings.
First, they promised customers different dive sites, so once on the boat, not everyone is agreeable to where you are going. They mislead us about this and blamed us for one of their cancellations.
Second, be prepared for all guides and boat crew to be smoking all the time.
Third, they pick you up, take you to their office for briefing and paperwork, then take you to the boat launch where you could wait another 30-60 minutes until the boats are loaded. They need to start doing all their paperwork and briefings at the boat launch, otherwise you will wake up early and waste about 1-1/2 hours sitting around.
Fourth, they accidently damaged a piece of our equipment between dives, but would not take blame, even after I showed the guide.
Fifth, they don't tell you in advance that they share the boat with another dive operator.

Be prepared for crowded sites at manta pt and crystal bay.

I regret not going with my first choice of dive operators, Underwater Tribe- excellent operation as we used them in Tulamben. Spend a few more dollars and you will not be disappointed. They are more flexible with times and dive sites so as not to be in the crowded sites like Manta Point and Crystal Bay.

Sorry that you had this experience and thanks for sharing.We have dived with Two Fish in Lembongan and found them extremely good.I honestly believe that staying in Sanur and travelling all the way out to Lembongan to dive these very challenging sites is not nearly as safe as staying on the island itself. We have been there on a number of occasions and have seen people doing what looked awfully like DSD at Manta Point and Crystal Bay. These sites also get terribly crowded when the day boats arrive. Throw into the mix large numbers of snorkellers many of who.cannot swim and it can be very very busy on the surface. Having said that the sites often have to be changed for safety reasons.Staying on the island means an early rise , but getting to the sites first is great and in my very humble opinion far safer.Best fishes x

Have not dived with Two Fish, but have dived with Underwater Tribe - excellent operation.

the smoking thing is extremely common anywhere in southeast Asia though, probably adjust your expectations of you don't want to spend your life in pointless frustration

Yup, we're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

Surprised to hear any complaint about Two Fish...they carry a great reputation, and I just finished up another great stay with them in Lembeh. Haven't been to the Sanur location, but believe the managers from Lembeh went there...they ran a great operation.

Everything(except the damaged equip) the OP describes is very typical with Sanur diving op SOP.

That was my thinking exactly. Diving from Sanur is like going to disneyland, your going to have to wait in line to get on the ride. I like divings Bali's multiple locations from local accommodations that way I'm not spending my vacation transiting to divesites.The original poster mentioned being prepared for crowded sites at Manta Point and Crystal Bay, luckily I've not tried to dive them during high season as I can imagine it being again like disneyland. Diving them from Lembongan gives you a head up on the boats coming from Bali.

I've dived with Two Fish 3x's in Lembeh and found their operation to be excellent. The diving off Lembongan is very changeable and there can be currents that means a divesite needs to be changed at the last minute for saftey reasons. It's to bad about the broken equipment. You might try again with management in regards to it Two Fish Sanur is a new location to the greater operation.

Smoking kills between 300.000 and 400.000 people yearly in Indonesia. Many of them never smoked. Families spend up to 50% of their income at cigarettes. Please if you visit Indonesia, give the good example and do not force other people to smoke, by smoking to close to them and never offer cigarettes to people. Ask the dive center where you plan to book about their non-smoking policy and choose the right place. Do not be shy to correct other smoking guests, the staff and the management of the resort/divecenter.We are having a very succesful smoking discouraging policy for the last 12 years. There are places where our guests and staff are allowed to smoke. But never where it forces others to inhale cigaret smoke. Our older staff members get one month salary extra when they quit smoking. In my opinion employees in Indonesia are having the same rights as people in Europe and the States, to work in a smoke free environment.

Back
Top Bottom