Dive Operator in Coron,Busuanga (and other stuff)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for these guys. :). almost a month more to go! :)

rhadamantus:
i need to practice air conservation pronto.QUOTE]

Most definitely. Nitrox certification will help if you can get your air consumption down. Don't forget your boyancy control either. The holds are wide open in the ships but there were a few openings that my dive guide took us through that were tighter spaces. I visited Coron for my first serious dive trip to the Philippines and wasn't that great on air consumption. Fortunately the dive shop (Dive Right - now out of business) had 15 liter tanks that I used and I still couldn't match the DM with a 12 liter tank. The seaplane tender is 120 ft to the bottom where the others are anywhere from 75-95 feet. Don't expect great visibility and be carefull of the scorpion fish on every ledge and big lionfish (check everywhere you might place a hand).

Enjoy the trip. When I get back home I'm going to review my log of those dives.

yeah, i was advised on the same thing.

thanks, jb. would appreciate if you can share your reviews on ur dives. i have never appreciated a wreck dive before but then, maybe i just haven't done the best wreck dive yet. :)

jbb:
rhadamantus:
i need to practice air conservation pronto.QUOTE]

Most definitely. Nitrox certification will help if you can get your air consumption down. Don't forget your boyancy control either. The holds are wide open in the ships but there were a few openings that my dive guide took us through that were tighter spaces. I visited Coron for my first serious dive trip to the Philippines and wasn't that great on air consumption. Fortunately the dive shop (Dive Right - now out of business) had 15 liter tanks that I used and I still couldn't match the DM with a 12 liter tank. The seaplane tender is 120 ft to the bottom where the others are anywhere from 75-95 feet. Don't expect great visibility and be carefull of the scorpion fish on every ledge and big lionfish (check everywhere you might place a hand).

Enjoy the trip. When I get back home I'm going to review my log of those dives.

Worked around Culion (the leper colony, ~45 from Coron) for a while but was only able to dive 2 wrecks in the area. Saw my first eagle ray there while snorkeling. Some of the deep reefs (80-100ft) have awesome fish life, problem is , they're in the pearl farms. Ask your dive operator if he has connections with the pearl farm operators coz some of my most memorable dives were in pearl farms.

-marku

from coron to el nido town, theirs a overnite 8 hrs run on tues. there s 3 diveshops at el nido town, backpacker price!try d one own by pinoy-OCEAN QUEST. room r also cheap, n I mean in town! not the resort.

thanks, dingho. but we opted to just concentrate on coron this time. we'd be doing island hopping most of the days and squeeze the diving in between. :).

7 days all in all. :)

My DM @Bora, got me this tip...

If you smoke its the same technique..inhale deeply, then exhale slowly releasing air in small quantity out of that matulis na nguso...then imagine u hv those perfect round of smoke in your mask :D

also, u need to behave daw...wag malikot coz it creates drag n consumes lot of air...

rhadamantus:
i need to practice air conservation pronto.

i laugh really often underwater--- i do not know if that is nitrogen narcosis taking effect--- and in all the cases that i do, my air consumption is terribly a giveaway. how do you guys do it if you have the tendency to laugh underwater. do you, like, take out the regulator from your mouth and laugh out bubbles or what?

darn, i knew there was a good reason the idea of learning how to smoke when i was 24 has a good use.

unfortunately, i never got round to it. im allergic to nicotine. :eyebrow:

jy2kca:
My DM @Bora, got me this tip...

If you smoke its the same technique..inhale deeply, then exhale slowly releasing air in small quantity out of that matulis na nguso...then imagine u hv those perfect round of smoke in your mask :D

also, u need to behave daw...wag malikot coz it creates drag n consumes lot of air...

Back
Top Bottom