Dive Operator in Coron,Busuanga (and other stuff)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thepurplehammerhead:
Coron is spectacularly dull - don't expect that's changed. Hope they've stopped slaughtering pigs at daybreak. Pig squeals when you're trying to sleep=:shakehead

Oh, I forgot about that. I was staying at that cheap lodge on the pier when I was there. 3:30 in the morning the squealing pigs woke me up:confused: ....don't know if they were slaughtering or tormenting the buggers...I wasn't even over my jet lag yet, shook my head and remembered...oh ya, I'm in the Philippines. Then at 5am the cocks were crowing, grrrrr.

Looking at my logs, I dived the most on the Irako-110ft and Okikawa-85ft. They both were noted as most covered in coral growth. Of course I only had 30 dives when I went to Coron and it was my first warm water trip so I think I would have been happy diving no matter what the conditions. The Akitsushima is nice because as a seaplane tender it has a large crane structure to check out on the bottom but then the bottom is at about 119ft too. You can penetrate the Taiei at the propeller shaft and then into the cargo holds - it's more shallow too at 79 feet.

pakman:
Olympia Maru!!!

Well there you go...can't get anyone to agree:D ...Olympia Maru - only note I had was that it was pretty silty and bottom was 99ft so not much bottom time. Dang, looking at my dive times...pretty short times for being on 15 liter tank...I can do so much better now.

Maggie, girls usually do much better on air than the guys without even trying so I don't think you will have much trouble at all in Coron. Dive air the first day, check your bottom times and you will see if Nitrox will be any benefit to you.

yeah, he said beer.

guys, thanks so much. im taking nitrox course in january and i have high hopes its going to help me with my bottom time.

and yes, i must stop laughing underwater. maybe those were the times i was narc-ed. :)

true true Caloy

Maggie, its great if you are good on air and want to extend your bottom time.

But, i suggest nitrox for everyone, doesn't hurt thats for sure. I always dive nitrox

Back
Top Bottom