Dive Op review: Freestyle Divers, Dibba UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my last trip to Dubai, I was kindly assisted by @RainPilot to get a days diving in with Freestyle Divers.

The 3 of us had an incredible days diving with 3 really awesome dives. From deep and wrecky to shallow and fishy :) We saw a bunch of stuff and the conditions were excellent on the day. Although I am aware that I was lucky with the vis that day.

In terms of Freestyle, I was only there for a day. But having run many dive operations myself, you pick up on the situation quickly and what it is like. From what I could see they are a really all round well run dive shop/centre. Staff was friendly, courteous and very helpful. Even me being my picky self and requesting a specific cylinder just before the double tanker dive, they made a plan to fill 2 with the requested mix for me without any issues.

The captains were great and knew their boats, waters and locations all round. Ride was comfortable going out and you feel safe and secure with the staff on hand. From what I remember O2 was on board the boat at the front also and all the usual comm equipment.

The gear, cylinders and everything else was all in good nick and there were zero issues from what I could see. The fill room, office/dive shop, and kit up area were all well kept and clean with sufficient room for a bunch of divers.

Other than that it was just a great area/location to dive from, with good bathrooms nearby, starbucks around the corner as well as other stuff. We even saw a BUNCH of turtles just chilling close to the beach as we disembarked the boat from our last dive.

Had a great days diving with @RainPilot and @ScubaWithTurk and can highly recommend Freestyle Divers as I too will be returning there on my next trip! Get in contact with RainPilot or Freestyle if you are planning on diving or doing any courses out there!

What a timely post @Fires

Greetings to all from Texas!

I was just about posting one myself. I’ll be back there again in May. Could be on the 4th, or the 11th or the 20th or all three of those days :D Please let me know if anyone wants to be my dive buddy in one of those dates.

Thanks to @Diving Dubai for providing me a spot in your fully booked Dhow trip to Musandam on the 18th & 19th. See you in DXB around noon on the 17th.

Cheers
Dan

Thanks to @Diving Dubai for providing me a spot in your fully booked Dhow trip to Musandam on the 18th & 19th. See you in DXB around noon on the 17th.

You misinterpreted our motives. We're going to let you drift off in the Strait of Hormuz towards Iran to see if your PLB and safety gear work.

You've only got Supertankers, pirates and Iranian gun-boats to worry about :p

Maybe @RainPilot will make a flyover and take some pics of you as you float away...

Ask @RayfromTX how we treat Texan's :wink:

You misinterpreted our motives. We're going to let you drift off in the Strait of Hormuz towards Iran to see if your PLB and safety gear work.

You've only got Supertankers, pirates and Iranian gun-boats to worry about :p

Maybe @RainPilot will make a flyover and take some pics of you as you float away...

Ask @RayfromTX how we treat Texan's :wink:

:D

I wish I bought this: For Sale - Halcyon Life Raft - As New when I had a chance.

At least @RayfromTX made it back home.

@Diving Dubai , should I bring my CO detector on this trip? :)

:D

I wish I bought this: For Sale - Halcyon Life Raft - As New when I had a chance.

At least @RayfromTX made it back home.

@Diving Dubai , should I bring my CO detector on this trip? :)
He may be home, but he's not safe.

Sure bring your CO meter if you want. The compressor used for your fills is serviced by the best guy in the region and we've never had an issue in all the years we've been diving but never say never...

What a timely post @Fires

Greetings to all from Texas!

I was just about posting one myself. I’ll be back there again in May. Could be on the 4th, or the 11th or the 20th or all three of those days :D Please let me know if anyone wants to be my dive buddy in one of those dates.

Cheers
Dan

I would be happy to buddy with you for a dive if I can get out of the shop. Or you can request me to dive with which helps as I am now working at Freestyle. :wink:

Reactions: Dan
and maybe a tea boy as well

Japanese green tea please :D

Oh and congratulations :thumb:

I would be happy to buddy with you for a dive if I can get out of the shop. Or you can request me to dive with which helps as I am now working at Freestyle. :wink:

That’s great! :)

Could we do it on the 11th? If yes, I’ll ask Marine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom