"Dive Masters" Web-Series Going Forward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McAnear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Divers!

So it's been an uphill battle to get this going and a lot of you have given feedback in several posts... THANKS!!
I know the idea of another "Reality" show get's some folks... um... Emotional. Whether you like the format or not (and lot of you do not), what I am putting together will be a bit different from typical cable t.v. programming. First of all, this ain't Hollywood.... it will actually be real. No made up fights and shouting just to create fake tension or drama. The folks involved "gasp" actually like each other and work well together. We're gonna show real divers and dive professionals prepping, learning and going diving. Now... a typical OW class doesn't sound all that exciting... but it is fun, educational and the personalities involved are some real characters.

What is exciting and trust me, if you've ever done it you know, is showing advanced certifications such as Rescue Diver (my fave), Deep Diver and Dive Master... well... you'll just have to see it to believe it. We'll also be showcasing new dive equipment, and hopefully be able to begin production in time for the Utila Dive Festival in August. Now THAT will be an awesome show!

What I need right now is the support of scubaboard community members. I ask you to go to this website,
Dive Masters by Jason McAnear — Kickstarter
take a look and if you like what you see, share it out with your friends. If you REALLY like it, consider backing the project and hopefully we'll get the funding needed to start creating the series (and we're not looking for a lot). Also, if you will be in Roatan in July-Sept. you could take part in the filiming, how's that? If you'd like more info, shoot me a message.

Thanks,
JMac

---------- Post Merged on June 26th, 2012 at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous Post was on June 25th, 2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

We're now 49% funded.... 11 days left to get to 100% Help out if you can!!
JMac

---------- Post Merged on June 26th, 2012 at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was on June 25th, 2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

WOW!! Thanks for the Support everyone... things are moving Fast now. Up to 53% Backing!! Let's keep the needle moving...

Today we are at 63% funding..... just over two days left. Show your passion for Diving and all things Scuba by checking us out and Becoming a Backer today!
Dive Masters by Jason McAnear — Kickstarter

---------- Post Merged on July 6th, 2012 at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous Post was on July 5th, 2012 at 08:13 AM ----------

WooHoo!! We are at 70%..... ONE DAY LEFT. Support our project if you can.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1109536950/dive-masters

And We DID IT!! Hit our Goal and we are going to make this a reality. Thanks everyone for your interest, input and support!! Look for the series this fall.......

JMac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom