Dive master training near Narragansett - who to go with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be in Narragansett, RI this summer and driving across the bridge every weekday to work in Newport. I'd like to look into the possibility of taking my evenings and weekends to start toward a dive master certification. Who would be good to call about this? I don't want to drive too far and spend more time in transit than in training, so if you can speak to any of the instructors in Narragansett or Newport, I'd much appreciate it.

Thank you!

401 scuba isn't in narragansett or newport, but rob is great. giant strides dive shop is the best i think...it's located in cranston but if you're in narragansett it's about 20/30 min which is the same time it takes to get to newport.

If it's still open avoid Narragansett Pier Diving like the plague. Charlie Walpole talks a good game, then tries to sell you a basic class for almost $500.

As mentioned already, Giant Stride Dive Shop would/is my recommendation.

Very nice and knowledgeable folks.

1935 Warwick Avenue Warwick Rhode Island. 401-732-8808 www.giantstridiveshop.com

I just happen to have their business card in my wallet.

Enjoy your stay in Rhode Island. There are some wonderful shore dives in the state. Easy access to many.

Giant Stride has Friday night dives with one of the Dive Masters I think starting in May.

Bill

If it's still open avoid Narragansett Pier Diving like the plague. Charlie Walpole talks a good game, then tries to sell you a basic class for almost $500.

Charlie closed up in 2013 last I heard. Giant Strides would be my choice also.

I'll echo what others said, talk to Red at Giant Stride Dive Shop in Warwick, RI Good shop and a great guy.

Back
Top Bottom