Dive master insurance question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm wondering about DM insurance. Who offers it, who's the best, and what should I expect to pay ??

Thx.

If you are going for PADI DM they recommend Vincencia and Buckley. I had them for my first year and switched to Witherspoon. They are a little cheaper and more flexible if you should decide to do any crossovers to different agencies or assist instructors from different agencies. For full insurance expect to pay in the neighborhood of 325 a year. There is coverage available for assisting only and is about 100 less but if you should at some point decide to teach the classes you can as a DM or do the other stuff( guided dives, snorkeling/skin diving, discover scuba, etc) you'll need to upgrade to the full level. this allows you to operate with no instructor present as long as you adhere to standards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom