Dive Makai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JakeGB

New
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what happened to Dive Makai in Kona? Their website's down and they don't answer the phone. Someone told me that they went out of business, but I can't find anything online about it. Thanks in advance for any info.

Dive Makai is out of business. Might have been nice for them to say good-bye and thanks to their customers (via their website, for example)...and perhaps offer a referral to another place of business.

Thanks cuddlefish (and friscuba). I thought they might be, but with (as you noted, cuddlefish) no farewell or other word anywhere, I thought I'd check. Yes, it certainly has been a rough couple of years to be a business owner in Hawaii... tough times! I appreciate the help.

It's a shame, Donna and I dived with them in 2004 on our 25th anniversary. Still have the T-Shirt.

Hi Jake, after Tom and Lisa sold the business...it went downhill...big time. Which is unfortunate as it was a great dive operation. Tom and Lisa were wonderful and so were all of their staff. Lisa is now down in the Solomon Islands and has started up another dive shop called Solomon Dive Adventures. Check out their website at Solomon Dive Adventures -- Vacationing and Diving at Morovo Lagoon in the Solomon Islands If you're ever there, you won't go wrong diving with Lisa and her crew!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom