Dive logging software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knfmn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone here use dive logging software? What kind do you use? Speaking from the vast experience imparted by my 10 logged dives, :cool2:, and having heard horror stories of people losing their log books and all the records therein, it seems like having an electronic backup would be a great thing to have. Any suggestions?

Kristopher

Most computers are downloadable, but they often require the specific software for that computer to work correctly. I always download my Nitek Duo because I get more information than just depth, time, etc.

There is also online logging sites such as diverecord.com but you have to input the data manually.

There is also online logging sites such as diverecord.com but you have to input the data manually.

I actually just stumbled across diverecord.com and registered. It seems like a cool website. I like the idea of having access to your dive log wherever you are.

Kristopher

I use MacDive, but then I'm using a Mac. :D It downloads my Aeris Elite very well with a USB patch that MacDive provides a link to.

As for backup, I keep a hand-written log, the computer log, and have print-outs as well. My understanding is that you would only need to have a max of 100 dives logged for any type of certification, but for those of us who like to have the memories...

MacDive also lets me link to pics from the dives that are in iPhoto, which is nifty, and incorporates Google maps of the dive sites.

I use MacDive, but then I'm using a Mac. :D It downloads my Aeris Elite very well with a USB patch that MacDive provides a link to.

As for backup, I keep a hand-written log, the computer log, and have print-outs as well. My understanding is that you would only need to have a max of 100 dives logged for any type of certification, but for those of us who like to have the memories...

MacDive also lets me link to pics from the dives that are in iPhoto, which is nifty, and incorporates Google maps of the dive sites.

Saving the memories was my main thought when considering backing up my dive log. I try to record all my memories, both with cameras and journalling, and I know I would be very upset if I lost them.

Kristopher

I use a Sunnto Stinger, so I use the Suunto Dive Manager software to download it. You can, of course, manually input data. I've done this for all my pre-Suunto dives. You can add whatever notes you like, as well as link to photos and videos. If I want a paper copy for some reason, I can print one out. And the printout can include photos, as well as all my manually entered notes.
I backup my logs after each trip and keep a copy on both my laptop and my desktop.

I haven't purchased it yet but it seems like Divelog 5.0 is a good one. They guy that made it is super nice and seems to give good support. It allows you to print out your dives and you can even format them into some really nice looking pages. He's got a trial that i think allows for 10 dives. There are quite a few computers that he supports to download from. Also you can sync with your phone and other website that seemed kind of cool, although I haven't done much yet. I like that there is a wide variety of options.

Macdive seems really cool except I don't have a mac that is updated enough. I thought there was a trial of it but I don't remember.

I've also seen the diveechange.com or something to that effect but it doesn't offer computer integration I don't think.

Check out diving log 5.0 or, if you have a computer, use their software. The suunto software seems to be fairly good.

I dive an Oceanic VT3 and use Oceanlog. Extremely easy to use, a modestly valuable app.

Good diving, Craig

Back
Top Bottom