Dive Log, Mac Dive, Dive Log Manager... I'm lost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone, I have been attempting to get DiveLog, Dive Log Manager (both on my MacBook Pro) and Dive Log on my iPhone to speak to each other and it's not working so far. I have recorded all my data into a file and changed the file extension to xml as the site says, but I can't seem to figure out how to get my info from DiveLog into Dive Log Manager?

I haven't tried to do anything with my iPhone yet. Figured I'd type data I don't want to forget into it on site and then just re-type it into my Mac when I get home so that I am not having to transfer back and forth... but would like the option to do so.

Can anyone advise?

The Oceanic software is barely Windows compatible.....:idk:

:) Oceanic Oceanlog 2.x barely runs in Windows 7. It crashes out of the blue after I download data from my computer. I ALWAYS have to reboot my PC in between downloads since it won't work properly otherwise. :) Oceanic needs to update their code.

I use Divinglog 5.0 after I get the data into Oceanlog. Divinglog is great software, but it is Windows only at this time. If you are MAC savvy then you can use Parallels or VMWare fusion to use a Windows VM to run it on.

Sounds like my problem, Mike. I cannot get Oceanlog to run right under Parallels with 7, barely with Vista. Lots of time outs, run time errors and never seeing the device. Beyond that, it wouldn't restore a previous backup - kind of makes it useless.

So now I am using MacDive and so far, I am quite happy. It's really written with some very useful features. For $25, not bad at all!

I have a MacBook Pro and you might consider my simple solution. I dual boot with Windows, so when I want to down load dive information - no problem I do it in Windows. I have a ScubaPro dive computer and the software works great that comes with it.

This is a much simpler solution that what some of the people mentioned above.

You can synchronize back and forth from Dive Log on your iPhone or iPad to MacDive. If you enter your dives on your iPhone, make sure you have downloaded your dives from your dive computer to MacDive first and that the date and time on the dives on your iPhone match those in MacDive. Then just sync and the data will merge in MacDive. Check Dives in MacDive before you sync if you want to be sure what data syncs.

To upload the data back to your iPhone, you need to create a new DiveLog in DiveLog before you sync. Strange nuance, but it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom