dive lights????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's one for about $200.00 that I would buy if I weren't trying to make my own:

For sale Custom LED
light. We build these for Nor Cal waters for a club. These are extra run to raise some $.

We made this lights for travel in DIR style after we broke few very expensive HID lights in baggage.

This light is super small and weights mere 2 lb with 5Ah battery with 3hr run time.
This is VERY focused light (on the left, compared to 18wt HID on the right) hot spot is TIGHT (but you know LED will never be HID, the opposite is also true)

IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW IT WORKS, We'll take IT BACK you pay for shipping back.

Complete DIR set up for a fraction of a cost.
Based on Cree XL T6 LED manufacturer rated at 1600 lumen (right
icosm14.gif
), it is more like 1000 .

Canister is PVC with standard latches and oring tested to 275ft
Battery is LIIO 5Amp, you can run the battery for 3hr, but we normally surface to eat after about 2 hours
icosm14.gif
, if you want extra battery it is only $20.

Head is mounted on soft goodman handle, if you want optional hard goodman handle it is extra $20

As I am a dealer for both, for reliability between those two lights that you mentioned, I would go with the Halcyon EOS. We do a lot with the Big Blue small hand held lights and no issues, but don't see many of their can lights in the field and of the 3 that I have known about, all 3 have failed. With that said, the company has fixed them. I haven't had one EOS come back.
Wayne, I actually saw the Big Blue canister on your website, so I'm glad to hear your impartial advice!
I have backup light (handheld) halcyon and Big Blue and Big Blue is definitely brighter, hence my curiosity about the canister comparison, especially as BB advertise higher lumen output.
That said, if lighting on the canister versions isnt materially different I'd definitely go for reliability.

I agree with all the positive things said about Light Monkey, and I also think the Halcyon Scout is a good place to start(the Mini Scout seems to have been discontinued). There are used primary lights coming to market here and on the tech groups too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom