Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Coral Diver the BB lights are a bit deceptive in their claims.
The lumen ratings are theoretical max lumen outputs, not actual. They also do not use constant output drivers so they dim over the course of the burn. A good rule of thumb with their lights is to divide the lumens in half and use that to compare to some other lights. I.e. L&M actually gets lumens claimed, so will Light Monkey, UW Light Dude, Halcyon, etc. on their big can lights. All of the backup lights are around 70% of their claimed output except for L&M who actually measure their lumens.

I bought DS Mini N1000 torch, a Diving Solution made torch and is the brightest of the range. It is a fantastic product for recreational night diving and as a backup torch for technical divers. It provides a powerful arrow beam, which makes it a great torch for diving in dark places.

My son and I just completed our Advanced Open Water PADI cert this summer. I got him a Kraken 900 zoom and when we were in Bonaire he is the one who found most of the hidden, "off the wall" interesting animals to look at both on daytime dives and several night dives. The light works great for finding things and searching in nooks and crannies on the reef. It's not terrible expensive at $169.00 and it's very high quality.

I use DS Mini N1000 torch is a Diving Solutions made torch and is the brightest of the range. It is a fantastic product for recreational night diving and as a backup torch for technical divers. It provides a powerful arrow beam, which makes it a great torch for diving in dark places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom