Dive Light Question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't like the twist-on type of switch. Mine is either right at the edge of "ON" and then it's on in my pocket. Or I have it so open, that it floods. I flooded 3 light so far. The slide switch seems to work for me. To each his own.

Ronthediver- UK makes a QLED+ and some of them have a mask strap mount. i think it is about 67 lumins, but I could be wrong. I have one still in the box. paid $40 on sale.

Daiika – Thanks for the reply. I have some small UK lights with mask strap mounts and did not like them. They tend to shine out to the side instead of being centered in front of you. I also had problems with my mask leaking with a light mounted on the strap. I have even stitched a one inch wide nylon strap across the top of my hood and mounted the light to that. That did work ok. Over the summer when the water is warmer I like to go without my hood. I liked the Nite Rider light that I had. Did not care for the battery box (a little cheesy for the price). They make a better one but it is almost $500. I was hoping to find something a little more reasonable in price.

Yeah, I would think that the UK side mount would leak. There was one light that mounts on the top of your head like the types made for out of water, I saw it somewhere on the Internet but don't rememeber; one of the online Dive stores, but it wasn't very bright. Good luck with finding that. Maybe if you search youtube, somebody tried it.

Back
Top Bottom