Dive Light Question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorgy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Found this light on Dive Right Express.........

Intova Narrow Beam 4.7W, 130 Lumen Backup Light

Seems like a good LED light back-up and a deal at the $55 price.........

Any thoughts?

Thanks.........M

Diving Back-Up Lights

Attachments

• IT_660_1-250.jpg
    IT_660_1-250.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 60
Greetings Jorgy and you might want to check out Piranha MFG in the Hot Deals forum.
The Penetrater 180, with 180 lumens is on special for $49. or $50 right now.
I have used the Mini Deep Star 80-87 lumens and it is a outstanding back up as well.
I think it is on special for $45 or so.
Personally I like the twist on lights, they are easier to work when wearing 7mm or dry gloves. The missing switch is one less thing to break.
Just my opinion though, enjoy your search!
Cam G Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Penetrator 180.......:)

Sounds like something a Spec Ops team would use.........

I guess I'm OK.......most of my gear is black and I use Jets most of the time........

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out..........

I am not sure I could tell my wife with a straight face that I just bought a new Penetrator light........:)

M

I just got my wife the TUSA 300 LED. We have not used it in the water but it seems to have good quality. I like the broad, evenly lit area it produces, it is not a tight beam but a nice broad halo. They are about 80 dollars at scubatoys.

As part of my continuing effort to reduce travel weight this is her new night diving light instead of the old pistol grip lights, hope it works well, hope you find something.

N

Penetrator 180.......:)

Sounds like something a Spec Ops team would use.........

I guess I'm OK.......most of my gear is black and I use Jets most of the time........

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out..........

I am not sure I could tell my wife with a straight face that I just bought a new Penetrator light........:)

M

I bought a Penetrator 180 and it is a great day use nook and cranny light (I haven't used it at night yet). Very tight, bright beam. Brighter and whiter than a UK Sl-4. Might be too tight for a primary light. I'm doing a burn time test right now, and on batteries that had about 90 minutes on them already, there is still a visible light after 24 hours. The only drawback I found is that the twist on/off is a bit tight, so can be hard with thick 5mm gloves. They need to add some sort of friction to the collar. Great light for $50. And it uses 6 AAA batteries, so you can use rechargables.

Found this light on Dive Right Express.........

Intova Narrow Beam 4.7W, 130 Lumen Backup Light

Seems like a good LED light back-up and a deal at the $55 price.........

Any thoughts?

Thanks.........M

Diving Back-Up Lights

I have two. That silvern one and the black one which is a wide angle lens. I like'em. Good heft but not too heavy. Takes a licking and still ticking, small sizes that are quite handy. I clip them to the D-rings and tuck the lights into the waist belt.

I have the silver Intova. I keep it in my BCD pocket. I took it into a small cave once, it was pretty good. The Tusa 300 is made by the same company but has a wider beam width. I think I paid about $50 last year. It uses 2 CR123 lithium batteries.

Hello all,
I am looking for a good light that I can mount on my head. For years I have been using the Nite-Rider Pro Diver. I liked the head band with chin strap. The battery box seemed a little cheesy for the price. It is time for me to replace it and I am looking for some suggestions on what to go with. By now there should be something out there in LED that is good?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom