Dive light from E-Bay -- Great buy!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that didn't last long...

Jim...

Connecting to the website, ".....item no longer available.."
Just search ebay for "5000 Lumen 60m 3*CREE XM-L T6 LED Diving Flashlight", you'll find a bunch of sellers.

I bought one of these a while ago. I figured for 25 bucks it was worth the risk, even though it seemed too good to be true.

It was. The light worked for almost one dive, then stopped. It wasn't flooded, it just doesn't work.

You might have better luck, but it seems the low price is due to low quality control.

Just read through the whole thread, nice work! Been looking at these lights for a few weeks now since I discovered that my expensive Oceanic Arc 250 was next to useless on my first night dive!

I've got six 18650 batteries that I took out of my broken laptop's battery, and as a result I'm considering this light: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221828370829&alt=web

Reckon it's worth it? I'd have to order a battery charger too, so total cost only around, $50 AUD. I'd have backup batteries if I needed to replace them on my surface interval.

Last edited:
I am still using the flashlights i bought when i wrote this thread and they still work great. My dive buddy also purchased 2 that he is still using and used all 2015 season on our dives! No problems here. I also know of a few other people using the same flashlights they got from the same seller on ebay who like them too. Only time i have heard of trouble with them, as my DB did, was when they tried to use the skinier batteries as they do not work well on the flashlight. Once they used the bigger battery they were all good!

My experience with them so far and over 200 dives has been very good. Are there any bad ones out there? Probably just like with any thing else... But there are also many people out there who like to tinker with them or insist on using the wrong batteries and then complain they don't work right.

when i got mine i just put batteries on them and went diving!

I bought two of them based on this thread. Great lights with no issues so far. Took them apart to inspect the o ring seats. When I took the head off there was only one o ring. Decided it couldn't hurt, so I sealed the threads with some teflon tape.

I guess that has sold me... More spending :D

On further investigation, there's a hell of a lot of negative feedback on that one above, and others. Might not be worth the risk.

Last edited:
Just read through the whole thread, nice work! Been looking at these lights for a few weeks now since I discovered that my expensive Oceanic Arc 250 was next to useless on my first night dive!

I've got six 18650 batteries that I took out of my broken laptop's battery, and as a result I'm considering this light: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221828370829&alt=web

Reckon it's worth it? I'd have to order a battery charger too, so total cost only around, $50 AUD. I'd have backup batteries if I needed to replace them on my surface interval.

I bought two of them last year. They're still working. Your mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom