Dive Land Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal28

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone tell me what Dive Land Park in Alabama is like? I am considering going there or Rock Divers next weekend. I have been to Rock Divers before and really enjoyed the diving but thought I may want to try a different place.
Any information would be appreciated.

I haven't been to Dive Land, but you may also want to consider Alabama Blue Water Adventures in Pelham, AL. A few of us may be there next weekend if you need a buddy.

Rock Divers is the only quarry I've bee to thus far, so ABWA and DiveLand would be new to me as well.

I wasn't very happy there. The guy that owned it was wierd and there was nothing there but some mean fish and rusted budwiser cans. I didn't even see a bathroom. I would go somewhere else. The water was great but the up time stunk! If you go bring everything you need because you are just parking on some weed infested land.

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. Dive Land is in a beautiful natural setting that to me is a good trade-off for any inconvenience. There is a really cool semi trailer you can swim in and out of and I saw at least one boat (although it was pretty deep). There is a bathroom inside the shop (as well as some cool museum pieces). My only problem was bringing a wet suit instead of dry--it's pretty freakin' cold down there. And where else can you dive with the goats?

You ought to try diving with us in Merritts Mill this weekend. There is another SB lady going down from Tennessee herself. She lives between Nashville and Knoxville.

Diveland is good, and has several boats, a few cars, the trailer from a tractor trailer, and some cool walls and deep cold water. The bottom of the deep end is a little over 130 feet. Nice docks, and a bathroom. Not much else, and make sure to take a buddy, if nobody else is there, you cant dive alone. Only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but call first to make sure.....

These things are from my experiences there.

Come on down and dive with us..

HZ

cewarbin:
You ought to try diving with us in Merritts Mill this weekend. There is another SB lady going down from Tennessee herself. She lives between Nashville and Knoxville.

Diveland is good, and has several boats, a few cars, the trailer from a tractor trailer, and some cool walls and deep cold water. The bottom of the deep end is a little over 130 feet. Nice docks, and a bathroom. Not much else, and make sure to take a buddy, if nobody else is there, you cant dive alone. Only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but call first to make sure.....

These things are from my experiences there.

Come on down and dive with us..

HZ

Thanks for the invitation but I have plans for this weekend. I may be interested in the future though.

Where is Merritts Mill?

Hmmm I looked at the website and did not see much. Maybe it was down. I used to live in Pell City though and have got sentimental roots there. How far are the two mentioned quarries from there and sterritt?

This is a pretty old thread, however I think the quarry in Glencoe had been closed for a while now. Will have to check it out. Anyone been there recently?

I think this past Friday was the last day Madison quarry was open. Do a search on the threads; plenty of good reads.

Kenny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom