Dive Ladder Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roadtrip

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm refitting a 25 C-Hawk for diving and am looking for a 4 step pole ladder that will fold completely up and out of the water. Aluminum. (Have to mount the base to an aluminum outboard bracket that is being made).

I do not want the kind that has to be pulled off and re-inserted upsided down due to the difficulty of performing this function in a 3' chop or swell offshore. Can someone point me in a good direction?

Cheers, Roadtrip

Find a welder and have him/her build one for you. They can build whatever you ask them and usually the price is reasonable, otherwise go to the next welder.

Attachments

• ladder.JPG
    ladder.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 1,454
Garelick makes a hinged bracket that allows the ladder to swing up. It's for those who forget to remove the ladder. It's designed with a nylon bolt that shears but you could just not use the nylon bolt.

Garelick Breakaway Hinge Mount - 99188:01 - BoatersWorld.com

Ana, that is an awesome dive ladder.

thanks, my husband and I are very proud of it.
It took us so very long to actually get our boat, we had plenty of time to dream and design, dream some more and re-design again.

This isn't a single pole ladder as the OP is asking for, but good welders can do magic, some are amazingly creative and even the ones that are not, can easily go from a design on paper to the real thing.

I'm refitting a 25 C-Hawk for diving and am looking for a 4 step pole ladder that will fold completely up and out of the water. Aluminum. (Have to mount the base to an aluminum outboard bracket that is being made).

Hi Roadtrip,

I would suggest going to your local welding shop and just have them make what you want. I had a custom aluminum ladder made for my dive boat, and it only cost about $85. It's not as nice as Ana's awesome ladder, but is very sturdy. We get back on the boat wearing doubles and stage bottles with no problems.

NorthRiver25.240.jpg

I really do like the way your ladder comes off at a 45 degree angle. For me...this will prevent someone from damaging a trip tab if they are clumsy with their fins. Thanks for the pics.

What a fab idea going to a welder. I wouldn't have thought of that.

My friend often times takes me out on his boat for diving. He didn't have a proper dive ladder so I set out to buy him one, as sort of a thank you. Let me just say, I was blown away by how expensive ladders are. :shocked: I ended up getting a used one at a marine repair shop. Wish I would have thought of the welder idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom