Dive insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyesai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I went diving here in Spain and the shop required dive insurance. I tried to explain to them that I have full coverage insurance but they wouldn't let me dive with them unless I had dive insurance specifically, they said it was Spanish law. It was only six Euro but it is silly to pay for insurance that isn't needed.

Are you sure your military medical benefits would cover emergency evacuation and treatment costs outside of military facilities?

Are you sure your military medical benefits would cover emergency evacuation and treatment costs outside of military facilities?

The short answer is yes, as long as we have completed all the paperwork for " high risk activities " which I have, then the tax payers pick up the tab. No different then evacuating someone from a car accident or having a baby for an active duty female.

I"ll probably just get DAN Europe though, it looks like it is 60euro a year, I can swing it and it will pay for itself. I really just wanted to cry about 10 bucks, I'm not the only cheap diver in this world.:D

$1500 on gear, not a problem. 6 euro for daily insurance, **** my life.

Hello,

I was wondering this recently too. I am currently in Cuba and just got re-certified and was browsing dive sites/trips back in Norfolk, VA. The local shop's website says that dive insurance is required for all boat dives.

Well, my wife just did her cert with that shop and found out that they waive the requirement if you are active duty military.

Perhaps it is a problem of familiarity if there are not a lot of military divers where you are or a maybe even a law?

Hello,

I was wondering this recently too. I am currently in Cuba and just got re-certified and was browsing dive sites/trips back in Norfolk, VA. The local shop's website says that dive insurance is required for all boat dives.

Well, my wife just did her cert with that shop and found out that they waive the requirement if you are active duty military.

Perhaps it is a problem of familiarity if there are not a lot of military divers where you are or a maybe even a law?

It is a Spanish law. I mentioned it to my wife and she whipped out our Tri-Care cards, but I don't think those will work either as they said it had to be insurance specifically for SCUBA. You might get better mileage in the States though as most people would know or assume that you have medical insurance.

Back
Top Bottom