Dive in Pelham Alabama Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jurgen

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to get up a meet at the pelham Alabama Quarry weekend of the 13,14 of August. Myself and a couple of my fellow divers are planning on diving there and wanted to see if we could get some more people in on the action. it will be a great time to be able to meet up with some new local divers. I do not have all the details yet but will post more as we plan this little get together. Hope to see you all there!

Don’t try to make it on the 13th. The owner’s son is getting married that day and everyone who could run the quarry is going to be in or at the wedding so they have decided to close for the 13th.

steelslinger:
Don’t try to make it on the 13th. The owner’s son is getting married that day and everyone who could run the quarry is going to be in or at the wedding so they have decided to close for the 13th.

That is my luck :11: Well I guess we will have to plan another trip if this holds true! :frown: thanks for the info.

I'm thinking about coming out to bluewater this weekend (8/7). I was talking to my buddy (KylepReid) about it and I think he was up for coming out to bluewater on Sunday morning as well.

Matt

I may be out there Saturday morning, but no solid plans yet. Gonna stay in Tuscaloosa Friday night if this happens, just waiting on him to confirm his plans so I can confirm mine :D If not ABWA, I'll be diving the gulf out of Orange Beach via Jellyfish.

Well let me know if you are going to be out there Sat. bugman and I will come on out.

Matt

steelslinger:

I'm glad I saw this!!!!

Some friends where going down next weekend on Saturday. They would
have been "pissed" about having to drive several hours only to get there
and find the gate locked and a "We are closed" sign on it when there
was no advance warning or there was nothing on their website or anything
about them being closed. Boy I know I'd be pissed.

I can't blame them for closing for a family wedding, but you'd figure the
people running Bluewater would at least put a "closing notice"
on their website or something since it's the middle of the "prime"
diving season there. oh well.....

I wonder how many people or dive shops with students show up to
find this out?

There is a notice at the quarry and an email has been sent to all the regular customers. The reason it is not on the web is; they do not have access to the area to change it. I thank the code to get in and change the site was lost or never given to the family when they took control of their site. I know the web site is a touchy subject with them.

steelslinger:
There is a notice at the quarry and an email has been sent to all the regular customers. The reason it is not on the web is; they do not have access to the area to change it. I thank the code to get in and change the site was lost or never given to the family when they took control of their site. I know the web site is a touchy subject with them.

Odd having a business and not having control of the businesses website. The code/html is on the website. They can download it, make the changes, and upload the new code.

Anyway, regardless, I'm glad I saw this as I was able to warn the people I knew that were going down there that saturday and they called and confirmed this. So thanks to you Steelslinger for posting this information for all of us.

-mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom