Dive Hut Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrl5549

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I searched for this place. It did not have much on it. I am interested more in is is quiet at night and safe, as in the truck being broken in to?

I have been to Bonaire before, this will be my GF's 1st trip. We like slow paced self reliant vacations and I think she will like Bonaire. Looking for a nice easy place to sleep and keep some food and rinse our dive gear clean.

Thanks all

Here's my 2012 trip report; I included photos. They've got more than one room category; I was going cheap that trip. Leave the rental truck unlocked and windows down a bit, if you're concerned about break-ins. I liked Dive Hut fine for what it was (a budget option).

Richard.

Thank you drrich2 . Last time I went we stayed at coralsea guest house. I think I would get the next sized up room form yours but I like simple laces to stay. Has anyone been to the budget places recently?

Check out Hamlet Oasis. On the water, Dive Friends shop right there, house reef is Cliff. Inexpensive, full kitchen, quiet, friendly, convienent.

I've not stayed at Dive Hut, but have felt for years that it would meet my needs.

Another place to consider is Black Durgon Inn. It is north of town on a nice divesite--Small Wall. Downside is, they only provide 3 tanks a day with packages. Stayed there twice. They have a very nice shared kitchen and seating area. I likely would not stay there again as hasseling tanks up and down steps is no longer doable for me.

Caribbean Club is another option.

I've stayed there many times and it is my preference since I don't need much to make me happy. I have become friends with the owners and staff, so for me it is like a reunion every time I go there.
I always stay in a studio room because of the larger size and the small kitchen in case I want to cook a meal. I have not had any issues with noise at night or vehicle break-ins. The gear locker room and rinse tanks are across the street and are convenient since that is also where you park. Guests are the only ones with a key to the gear locker room.
I always do a two week trip to Bonaire and for me, the "Hut" is by far the biggest bang for my buck.

John

I've stayed at Dive Hut several times on solo trips. I only stayed in the studio's once. They were too small imo. My other stays I stayed in the one bedroom apartments across the street. I much preferred this and would stay there again.

I stayed in Carribean Club Bonaire for two weeks. It was sparsely furnished and rarely had hot water, but was otherwise ok given the location. It was absolutely luxurious compared the the next placed I stayed at which was like living in an RV. Gas for the stove out of a propane tank, a dorm refrigerator, no hot water tap in the kitchen or bathroom, and a hot water box for the shower. I kept thinking about how much trouble I would have been in, if my wife had been on that trip.

I have always wanted to know how low I could go. City Hotel anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom