Dive Haven Quarry, White, Ga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found this on another recent thread:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/south-eastern-united-states/424112-dive-haven-ga-update.html

The name has been changed to White Stone Diving. The facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/White-Stone-Diving/105400779547233. It is open on the weekends roughly from 8am to 5pm. I dove it last weekend PM me if you need any details. You can try Brenton (The Owner) on his cell phone (404) 281-5060 but he can sometimes be hard to get in touch with.

yes they're open, dove there 2 weeks ago.

Hi Steve. I've been thinking about checking that place out. How's the viz? Entry? Depth? Thermocline? Do they provide tanks/air/weights? And at what cost? Do you need to go with someone or is it popular enough that you could just go and find someone to 'tag along' with once you arrive? It's gonna be tough for me to find someone to agree in advance to dive with me there, but it's only an hour drive for me so I'd like to check it out if I could be reasonably sure I could buddy up with someone or tag along with some divers once I arrived.

Is there a fair amount of fish in there or is it just sunk vehicles or statues and such? (I find that kinda stuff lame - I like to see fish, even in a man filled quarry).

I've only been twice and there a few divers there both times, last time there was a guy diving alone. We were on the shallow side, and vis was about 10ft, and the thermocline was about 13 ft, the guys say the vis was about the same on the deep side near the training docks and the thermocline was about 30ft.

The cold, lack of viz and the stink of the chicken houses on the hill caused me to try out Lock-Low Minn in Athen, TN. Much better viz, not quite as cold and only 80 feet deep, versus 160 at Whitestone.

It's a longer drive (I drive past Whitestone on the way to Lock-Low Minn) but I prefer it.

The cold, lack of viz and the stink of the chicken houses on the hill caused me to try out Lock-Low Minn in Athen, TN. Much better viz, not quite as cold and only 80 feet deep, versus 160 at Whitestone.

It's a longer drive (I drive past Whitestone on the way to Lock-Low Minn) but I prefer it.

There's also Glencoe, Pelham, and Madison which may be Closer

Alabama Blue Water page
Madison Quarry, Alabama
Dive Land Park AL page

It's about 2 hours to Lock-Low Minn and about 2 hours to Pelham. Madison takes about 3+ because of the back roads. Whitestone is 30 minutes away, but I don't like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom