Dive Guides on Barrier Reef liveaboards and other GBR questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found it unusual myself not to have dive guides on most of the dives, suited me admittedl as you get more space to yourself but I did worry that if you were less experienced you could get lost.. that said the maps they drew for the briefs were bloody good!

OrangeBloke, Steve's bommie! The red frillled clam:) OUr cook was named Steve and it was his pet:) He was not a shrimp but a prawn has he put it:) The request of a divemaster will get you one but Keep in mind that when we traveled super sport there were no divemasters only Instructors.

Valwood1:
We were on that boat last October, and every dive had at least one guide, and usually two or three (for only six paying divers). I thought that they did a great job almost all the time, both watching out for the divers and pointing out interesting things. I don't know where you've dived, but I imagine that GBR in general, and Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea, would compare favorably to most places -- it certainly is better than Cozumel in terms of both coral and marine life, and I am very fond of that spot.

Did the Diversety in the Coral see and even thou we did-not want a DM with us we were told thats how they did it. Once we were on the GBR Diving on small reef's they let us dive with our buddys

Back
Top Bottom