Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver1313

Registered
Reaction score
i have recently started diving..only logged 10 dives... but am madly keen on diving. I have most of the very basic gear ie open heeled fins with boots mask snorkel but i was wondering what sort of make people would recommend for other types of gear...BCD, Regs etc...cost is not as much of an issue if i can find really decent quality stuff that i can use for a long time and my instructor advised me to get middle of the range gear..not the most high tech or the most basic of any gear..looking for guidance from more experienced people! plz help

The first thing you need to know is if how far are you willing to go with your scuba career. If you are going to casually dive...Then a mid rage recreational rig will work for you. But if you want to follow the technical aspects of diving, then I highly recomend that you spend some money and get a good rig! Since you mention that money was no concern, then lets go shopping :). ..I personally use two Apeks 100, a OMS double bladder bp/w, Atomic split fins, and a Mares X vision mask. I also own a Dive Rite transpack bp/w that I use for clases (OMS bp/w tends to be too bulky for OW clases). But remember that that you equipment is only as good as you use it. Things that works for me, might or might not fit or work for you. Talk to other divers in your area. Find out what your LDS sells and service. (getting sevice is very important too!). Then make an educated selection.

Happy diving :)
T

Age and growth will be a factor for some of your gear, ie BC, and suit. A good reg, will last a long time...

Buying a suit is a big investment if you are going to grow out of it in a year. A BC will be adjustable for a time. If you are still growing in size, buy the next size larger than normal in a BC, if you can adjust it in enough to work.

In a suit, look in the classified section of this site and find somthing used.

Back
Top Bottom