Dive gear shop in San Francisco Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oira79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi y'all, I want to buy a new prescription mask. I want to go to the store with the biggest selection because the reason I'm getting a new mask is that the one I'm replacing doesn't fit perfectly.

I live in San Francisco. What's the best gear shop around here? We've had bad experiences at Bamboo Reef in the city. I'm willing to drive somewhere for a big gear shop, but where? San Jose is closer than Monterey but I can do either, or the East Bay. Would like your recommendations. Thank you.

Diver Dan’s, Any Water, or soon Deep Blue Adventures in the East Bay (formerly The Anchor Shack location but with new owners)

Are you seeking a custom prescription, or where do you pop in lenses? If custom, you can use almost any mask and send it away for the lenses (I know Marin Diving Center does this), though I'm sure others do as well. If you are looking for lenses where you pop them in, as others have said, Marin Diving Center, Diver Dan's, Any Water, etc.

Also, a few brands have normal masks (e.g., many Atomic double lens options) that can be swapped out for prescription lenses, so there are more options than the standard "prescription" set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom