Dive Friendly Pools on The Peninsula

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke to Dan again about this roughly 1 month ago and he said that their pool is currently closed, but when things open up they could work something while there's already a class in session

Pinnacles was able to get us in the pool in that same timeframe to test out our new Seaskins :yeahbaby:

I'd love a Seaskin! They seem like fantastic bits of kit. Considering how easily I get cold, it would probably be a good idea as well. Do you have a preference between Pinnacles and Diver Dan's? Do they both do Nitrox fills? Also, down the road, do you know if they do Trimix or Helitrox? Thank you for replying though! I really appreciate the feedback.

Do you have a preference between Pinnacles and Diver Dan's? Do they both do Nitrox fills? Also, down the road, do you know if they do Trimix or Helitrox?
Both Pinnacles and Diver Dan's are solid shops and I’ve purchased items from both recently. I’ve found that Diver Dan’s has a better selection of “tech” scuba gear available than most shops and their instructors have been outstanding. They have banked Nitrox 32% and can mix custom blends/trimix + have a wide selection of tanks. Pinnacles is a bit smaller and has newish owners who are very focused on the customer experience. They’ve done a great job of putting on regular fun dives (with food and 1 cent boat dives!) and going above and beyond to be accommodating. Having an outdoor pool is also a huge plus these days. Not sure how they handle nitrox/trimix but the majority of their tanks seem to be neutral AL80s

Typically unless I’m doing a class or such where there won’t be time to get tanks in the morning, I tend to rent steel LP85s at Cannery Row Scuba (previously called Breakwater Scuba) once I get down to Monterey

Anderson's in Pacifica has an indoor pool, and Wallin's for a time had set up shop at the Elk's Lodge on 21st (?) in San Mateo, and there is an outdoor pool there they use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom