Dive Fri 8/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkerr once bubbled...
Raxafarian-Is it bad to work out after diving? I had not heard this. I am not trying to be a wisa a$$, bit I was not really sure if this was a joke or not (if it was make sure you put a little extra sarcasm in there for us slow people :) )

Yeah...studies have shown that exercising after diving is a risk factor for DCS....kinda like shaking up a compressed can of soda. When you open it......

dkerr once bubbled...
Raxafarian-Is it bad to work out after diving? I had not heard this. I am not trying to be a wisa a$$, bit I was not really sure if this was a joke or not

No Joke.

Start out here: Sport after diving and then follow some of the links and then start doing some searches. There is a lot of details in both the Diving Medicine and the Ask Dr. Deco forums.

Spectre once bubbled...

I don't by chance know you do I? I met a 'Doug' at one of the date-at-eights last year [problems with a freaked out Cobra] and went on a night dive w/ him a few weeks later. Got a call on my cell a few weeks back looking for a dive buddy [when I was in NC].

*smile* Thanks. :blush:

That's a different Doug. I went diving with him last weekend, actually. He's got a red hair, right?

I actually scared him half to death on the first dive. My computer tells me how many minutes I have until 750-800psi of air (somewhere in there). Below that, it beeps and flashes a big ol' zero. We were on our way up to our safety stop and he saw that and was just about ready to shove his octo in my mouth.

I briefed him on the next dive where the pressure gauge is and we were much better off.

I suppose the last thing you want to see 50 ft under is your buddy's computer flashing zeroes at you, eh?

I had no idea that excersize after diving was bad. I kind of doubt that I would have a probem because most of my shore dives are pretty shallow and I rarely get off "A" group in the tables. Knowing this though I will probably not dive before karate again. And here I was thinking the pain I was feeling was from someone throwing a kick to my head. Maybe it was just the bubbles!
Thanks
Doug

ok i just read all those links to dr. deco and dive medicine that Spectre gave.. and Im thinking..that the reason i get headaches after I dive is cuz of these.. "micronuclei" forming in my head from carrying all the damn weights and tanks from the water to the shore, to the car, to my house, to the rinse, and to hang it up and all that.. i read in one of those posts that on a boat dive, someone should even be helping you up with your tank and all that.. no one does that around here, then how come im the only one getting these dumbass headaches.. do you think i should go to the gym more? Anyway, I think fixing gear after diving is like going weight lifting after diving.. Im still trying to do this trial-and-error thing to find out what causes my headaches like,
1. using different hoods, (might be tight),
2. using my octo instead of my primary (might have something stuck in the exhaust valve)..
any other ideazz?? (besides bringing a maid to carry my gear)

wackodacko once bubbled...
1. using different hoods, (might be tight),
2. using my octo instead of my primary (might have something stuck in the exhaust valve)..
any other ideazz?? (besides bringing a maid to carry my gear)

Well, obviously the dive-sherpa would rule out many problems... But the first thing that comes to mind is are you sure it's not dehydration? Remember, the air your breathing out of your tanks is _very_ dry, and dehydration is a definate possiblilty. Drink plenty of water before and after your dive on your next dive, and see if that helps.

wackodacko once bubbled...
my prob is that i cant pee in water, specially while wearing a wetsuit.. but ill try again

Hydrate yourself to the point that you pretty much have no choice! :)

If you "can't pee", you don't have to badly enough. Definately drink more. Between pre and post dive hydration, I usually go through an entire gallon of water over the course of two tanks.

How much do you drink?

Back
Top Bottom