Dive-Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link. It is worth printing and reading before departing on a dive vacation.

On my last trip, there were a number of folks who rented a camera at the dive shop. Perhaps they should have been handed a copy of the article when they rented the camera. I always knew when there was something of interest because there was a diver ball at the location.

The worst offender was the video guy from the resort. He went on one dive with each of the boats throughout the week and then had the video for sale that evening. We spent more time trying to avoid him than enjoying the dive.

I usually will make eye contact with a diver if their on the reef (or doing something stupid).. I think being a mom gives you the advantage of having "the look".. If that doesn't work, and their still on the reef (I'm talking, posing for pictures, walking on it and things of that nature) I'll go up behind them and pull them off of it myself. They do usually have that deer in the head light look when I do, but quickly get the hint.

Chad_Ordelheide:
Whats the best way to let a Photographer know they are doing something stupid...Like sitting on the reef, kicking the reef to stay and get a picture, etc. Sometimes they get in their own little world. (Myself probably being included)

i bet LLOYD BRIDGES has a few insights on that.... wasn't that what all of his nemesis' were so upset about?

Back
Top Bottom