Dive-Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link!!! I like!

LOve that spit comment

TRIG:
uh... sorry. One can get carried away, afraid we're going to miss that one perfect photo. It is way too easy to get so involved in trying to get a great shot, the view through the vewfinder is pretty limited, and one can forget that there are other divers just as interrested. It helps to hear other people's observations. thanks, jim.

Thanks

I will be using my underwater camera for the first time on my dive this week, and I really appreciate the article, from both points of view. Thanks!

Whats the best way to let a Photographer know they are doing something stupid...Like sitting on the reef, kicking the reef to stay and get a picture, etc. Sometimes they get in their own little world. (Myself probably being included)

Chad_Ordelheide:
Whats the best way to let a Photographer know they are doing something stupid...Like sitting on the reef, kicking the reef to stay and get a picture, etc. Sometimes they get in their own little world. (Myself probably being included)
A simple word after the dive should be enough. Often the offender simply needs a reminder. If that doesn't work, as some are dense morons, shunning, ignoring and refusing to ever dive with them may be your only solution. You can rap them on the head or bump them underwater to get their attention, while pointing out their offense. Good luck, some just don't care. Jim

Chad_Ordelheide:

The same way you'd let any other diver know - tell them after the dive, tap them on the shoulder and shake a finger under water, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom