Dive Epcot in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done this dive a number of times and loved it every time! Don't forget to wipe your nose before waving to the camera in the bell! Maybe I will be able to join you sometime.

I would like to sign up for this dive.....Is posting here enough?
what is the water temp?
Sounds Great to me!!!
Can't wait!
MAry

For anyone wanting to join us on these dive you must contact via a phone call or PM. Phone numbers are 352-978-8808, 352-735-5040

Shane

adrisen:
I would love to do this dive but I don't think I will be in Florida then. How do I contact if I wanted to do this dive when I get there

Let me know when you are coming to town and I will see what I can do about setting up a trip around your schedule, it is also nice to dive with people you know or at least kinda know.

Shane

Epcot just keeps getting better and better every time we go. I was told earlier in the week that Epcot had added a few new turtles to the exhibit. What no one mentioned was the fact that the one huge loggerhead loves divers. When I say loves I do not just mean that she will not run away from you but she will swim up to you and rub on you. I was trying to catch up with my dive buddy “Dan” when I saw this huge turtle start following him so I swam up next to her and was looking at here eye to eye. She turned her head very slowly towards me and then ever so slowly started closing the gap between us. She grazed my head with the bottom of her shell as she crossed over me. The funny thing was she got a little hung up on the accent line and just sat on top of me for what seemed to be a good 30 seconds. The Divemasters saw what was happening and came over and had to get her off of me. At no time was I in any danger because I could have pushed her away very easy, I just didn’t want to. How often can you say you had a Loggerhead turtle sitting on your head? As part of the rules you are not really supposed to touch these magnificent animals but they can touch you. The sand tiger was in true form also, he was very friendly the entire dive, as was the goliath and the ever so elusive gag groupers. While the sharks and turtle are the main attractions the other inhabitants help make this an awesome dive. The new dolphins have gotten use to their new home and are extremely active. Even though we are allowed to swim with them if you lay on the bottom between some rocks you can get a great look at them. When Dan and I were waiting on the Tiger sharks to come back around I noticed that one Dolphin watching us. He/She was floating near the surface and every so often would float up and get a breath. I will have a copy of the video uploading to the website sometime in the next few days so keep looking at the website for it. After the dive was over a bunch of us headed to Pleasure Island for dinner and drinks at Wolfgang Pucks. The food is out of this world and the whole vacation atmosphere is nice even though I live 30 minutes away.

Shane

Shane,
After that description I will DEFINITELY be getting in touch with you to set up a dive when I get back from my business trips. Thanks for the write up.

ok I want to come...I will contact you before I head to Florida so we can make arrangements when I return from the cruise

yeah I got your msg last night and tried to call you back but kept getting a busy signal. I am hard to reach for the next two weeks becuase I am in Captains school. I am going to try to call you several more times becuase I need to know how many ppl you are bringing or it just yourself.

Shane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom