Dive Conditions-Local Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Place: Some where along PCH In a kelp Bed with Kayak 2 dives
Date: Wed, 3/21/08 - 1st. 10am 2nd. 1pm
Conditions: 1st.Sunny, Nice and Flat 2nd. Windy, white caps, 2 ft swells tons of fun
Temp: 1st 50 2nd 49 BURRRR..... i thought this was california
Vis: 1st 15-20ft 2nd. 5-10ft
Comments: 1st.nice 49 min dive. Little waves at entry, calm and flat with paddle out to site. Good vis. Big Bugs, A seal to play with us. sheep crabs, two horn sharks and lobsters in same hole. Not to many big fish. didn't bring camera :(, on entry back in fliped kayak and kept all gear. 2nd. Bigger surf at entry, the swells where just starting, and got in water had short dive due to weather conditions, a sheep crab got my leg while swimming over him. on the way back 2ft swell and wind chop. Body surfed for the exit. that was fun.

Yeah, that was wild out there! But you did great with everything! Normally I wouldn't go out with such big surf, but I felt the spirt of exploration today :)

Man, that first dive was incredible. I'm glad I GPS'ed it. I think we should call it Good Friday Reef.

I think thats a good name for it :D. exploration is what i like to do thats how you find the good spots :D

Place: Corral Beach
Date: Sat April 5th
Conditions: Great Vis, No Surge (don't believe everything you read)
Comments:
Another major BC's Rally! We showed up in force, took over all the parking on the side of PCH, assembled all our gear, and assulted the beach (at least Kevfin assulted the beach:D)

We made it thru the surf, surfaced out to a good spot, (Accually, Jeff got tired) then decended into surge, 2' vis, and lots of sand and lots of salad in the water. I did see a lobster!:11: We got out with ease :rofl3: Rushed the hill, then went to lunch. What a great day of SoCal diving. It was the best day I have had in awhile. It was nice to meet you Sam, I hope to see you on more dives.

Nice to see you Rich, and even Andrew was FREE!!!!!!
Thanks, for being great buddies, guys,

Rick

Hi All,

I dove Nicholas Cyn. today & it wasn't must better then yesterday. We had about 5-6 ft vis & I saw 2 Lobsters.

John

Yesterday, Capt'n Andy, from the Sunfish, went to Santa Cruz Island. He said the vis was 30'-40'. They even got a dive in on the Peacock wreck. The vis there was a good 50'

Anyone up for a ditch work and dive day, before the rig dive?:D

Rick

Place: Leo Carrillo
Date: Sat, April 12th, 2008
Conditions: Nice!
Temp: 52deg
Vis: 3'-10'
Comments: I went to the Wrinkles Dive and Picnic. Jeff, Robert, and I did one dive from "Little Cove" (Lifeguard stand #2). Entry and exit were easy, vis out to about 26'-28' was messed up, about 3'-4'. At about 28' it opened up to 10'. To quote Melvin Pasley "Every dive is a good dive"!!!! I agree. If you get wet, it is worth it, no matter what conditions are out there.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom