Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First time to actually see at the same time the three main blocks left over from the main plant structure at Shaker Plant at the bottom of the mooring line. With the good visibility you can see more of the larger plant remnants.

Wreck Alley is a good site to explore since you get a chance to see larger sections of the boats and the entire Toyota Corona Deluxe in detail. This is the time of year to bring the camera out while exploring these sites.

Temps:
Surface - 73*
Depth 60' - 57*
Depth 100' - 53*

Visibility - 15'

Wednesday Sunset Charters are running now. Take a mid-week break for a relaxing one tank dive. Summer charter schedule is posted at http://www.LakeTravisScuba.com

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Attachments

• ltts_profplot_ppm.gif
    ltts_profplot_ppm.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Saturday 5-8-10 1:00PM
Mansfield Dam
Divers - carrielsal - paulw
Air Temp 72
Water Temp @ Surface - 72
Water Temp @ 62' - 60
Max Depth - 62'
Vis to 25' - 3 to 5'
Vis 25' to 60' - 10 to 15' (maybe 20')

Carrie was in her drysuit and well since I don't have one I wasn't so we had to stay above 50', I'm a candy and can't take the cold :shakehead:. The vis was great at 30ft and below sometimes maybe 20'. Lots of fish moving about and nice to actually see them and your buddy, fun dive!

Last edited:
Canyon Lake Visability was at 7 feet. Water temperature was at 67 degrees. Good comfortable dive. Recomend a hood, to keep your head warm. I am a limited vis diver, so 5 feet vis or better, is great for me.

Rene,
Divemaster
Laredo, Tx :):cool2:

Marietta Landing - Lake Murray
Saturday, May 8 2010

Weather:
Air temp was unrecorded but very pleasant; no wind
Bright sunshine, blue sky

Visibility average was 6 ft. Some spots better; some spots to 6 inches
Water temp: 68 F at a depth of 36 ft.
Lots of ambient lighting at this depth

No signs / indications of the reported fish kill.
Fish were plentiful and friendly with the divers.
I had six fish flank me on most of the dive

May 8, 2010
288 Lake, Houston, TX.
Thermocline at 19 FT. 76 F above. 64 F below.
Visibility 20 FT.
First dive at 288 Lake with CHUM. Incredible visibility: 15-20 FT for most of the lake, except for a visible haze at the very bottom! Easy to hit the bottom without seeing it.

May 9, 2010
CSSP, Terrell, TX
Surface temp: 69 degrees
44 feet temp: 51 degrees
Viz 15 feet
Thermocline at 20 feet
Dive time: 1 hour 58 minutes

Did 1 dive. Cold howling winds on the surface made it impossible to warm up for a 2nd dive. The viz now is a good time to explore the rock walls, with their nooks and crannies which house lots of fish, especially catfish. Bottom of silos at 60 feet. The south silo seems to be a few inches deeper than the north silo. There were a few classes, but not yet crowded.

Sunday May 9, 2010
Mammoth Lake Scuba Park, Clute TX
Temp 20': 71F
Temp 32': 59F
Thermocline at 22'
Vis 8-10
57 minute dive on platform behind Hydrosports, F5 fighter, and C130 Cargo aircraft. Nice bass hanging out on platform, by fighter, and inside C130 cockpit.

Nice to see you guys out there. What were the chances of you going by on our safety stop. I wrote "Tourists" on my slate to my buddy :eek:)

Should have got the dry suit too PaulW. I was just wearing jeans and a shirt underneath.
Rich

Mansfield Park dive area, dove to the dam.
weather: WINDY from the southeast!, Air temp 80 degrees, cloudy
Max depth: 145 feet at the dam
Visability: 10+ down to 40 feet
20+ from 40-110 feet
less than a foot below 110 feet
zero below 130 feet
Water temp: At depth 54 degrees
30 foot stop 69 degrees
20 foot stop 70 degrees
10 foot stop 71 degrees
Incredible vis between 40-110. Could see as far as my 10w canister light would shine. At 80 feet and above did not need the light on the way back.

Spring Lake San Marcos
May 13, 2010

Vis 80'+
Temp same
Spring Flow 220cfs

Arron had John, Pete and me clean up the Arch Site with scooters. The lines on the site need to be replace and some of the tie rods need to be hammered back in. The passage from Deep Hole to the E corner of Arch Site is open but getting pretty narrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom